Multilaminate bass necks

ognolman

Every so often I'll see a multilam neck pop up in the showcase, but there's no way to order a custom multilam that I know of.

JBD

they are standard on the gecko basses, if you call a sales rep you may be able to get one for a fender bass but who knows what it will cost

DiMitriR33 said:
they are standard on the gecko basses, if you call a sales rep you may be able to get one for a fender bass but who knows what it will cost

I'm not sure if he WILL can...
Anyway, call/send a mail/signal of smoke/anything to sales rep... They will tell you!

DiMitriR33 said:

Yes, I was originally referring to the non-Gecko bass necks, like the G5.

NonsenseTele said:
I'm not sure if he WILL can...
Anyway, call/send a mail/signal of smoke/anything to sales rep... They will tell you!

LOL, in my experience the sales reps always tell me "no" to everything I've ever requested that wasn't an off-the-shelf or standard product.  I'm sure if I offered enough cash they would probably take me up on it, though.

JBD

ognolman said:
DiMitriR33 said:

Yes, I was originally referring to the non-Gecko bass necks, like the G5.

LOL, in my experience the sales reps always tell me "no" to everything I've ever requested that wasn't an off-the-shelf or standard product.  I'm sure if I offered enough cash they would probably take me up on it, though.

Deluxe 5 tiltback necks are normally multi-laminate.  If you wanted a straight headstock, a custom blank would need to be made.  That could entail cutting other blanks down and would be much more expensive.  If that is something you really want, email me your details and we'll see what our options are.  Be aware it will be more expensive and will most likely take longer than a stock neck offering.

Wyliee said:
Deluxe 5 tiltback necks are normally multi-laminate.  If you wanted a straight headstock, a custom blank would need to be made.  That could entail cutting other blanks down and would be much more expensive.  If that is something you really want, email me your details and we'll see what our options are.  Be aware it will be more expensive and will most likely take longer than a stock neck offering.

Huh-- I don't see anything about multi-laminate necks on the Deluxe 5 page of the website.  I appreciate the offer, but I'm not looking for one right now.  I will keep it in mind for future reference, though.  The reason it came to mind was because I was looking for a multilaminate for that G5 Korina I built a while back.  I saw one pop up on the gallery for a while, but it was fretted and I wanted fretless or some such detail.  I mentioned it to the salesman that I was really interested in a multilam like what I had seen on the gallery but didn't get a response to that.  But the neck I got is gorgeous, anyway, so I wasn't disappointed at all.

JBD

Back