Moving from Modesto, Ca to Puyallup, Wa on July 19th.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Master Member
Yup, we're packing up & moving to the East side of Puyallup, Wa this next week.  Got a job that I think is a good fit, for now at least, although there are some other possibilities in town I still may persue after some local community college courses, but I'm finally getting out of California (dry, flat, allergy stricken Central Valley at that) to the land of evergreens, and hunting & fishing galore. 

We're packing up the house we're renting as we speak.  Unfortunately, my 19.75 year old son has decided to stay in the Modesto area, so I'm a first time empty nester, but I guess it's an opportunity for both of us to grow, (he in growing up, me in letting go).

Because of the time crunch we're under, we had to settle with renting an apartment, but it's got a weight room, hot tub, & tanning room, along with a laundry room inside the unit.

As of this coming Monday the 15th, I'll be unable to access the internet & the computer will be packed until we move & I set it up again around the 22nd.

Once we get up there, I'll try to post pics of the new place, along with Studio Squirrel.

i spent a little time in the puyallup / port orchard area it rocks and the folks there are super freindly. id love to summer there hope you enjoy it and good luck there

On the friendliness thing..

Last night (this morning technically) I was in Boston's South Station waiting to pick up a friend. Before her bus arrived, I met a man who told me four things in one sentence, the first he spoke to me. "Do you have the time? I'm from NC, I've been waiting four hours, and my wife died last week".

He mentioned how unfriendly the northeast seemed to him, after coming from small-town north carolina. He asked if I had ever been to Maine; I told him it's a beautiful place. He said he decided not to go, because he worried the people there would be like those he had met elsewhere up here.

I was sad and frustrated with the way 'city folk' can be. I'm sure Puyallup will be different, most woodsy/rural smallish towns are.

Be good man! I wish the best to you... It's very hard go to a city and be a "stranger"...
About your son: I'm 22 years old and I get out of home (and city) when I was 20... I work in the biggest company in my country: Petrobras (don't know if you recognize it...) So, in one side, it was very good, because I have growed a lot. But I made some mistakes, made easy things go hard... (and probably still making)... In my way it was not very good, because the company is 51% of the government, so you need to do a public exame to enter, and it's very hard to get out when you got your balls filled with anger and go to another job, because it's almost impossible to get another job like this... But it should be good to him, especially if he stay in 'his' city...

Well, we're here, getting settled in our apartment near South Hill Mall.

We downsized from a 3 bdrm house to a 2 bdrm apartment knowing that this residence is transitional until we can find a house to rent/buy.

I can't believe how centrally located this place is!!! It's great, everything is either in walking distance, or a short drive.

Warmoth is less that 3 miles down the road. :headbang:

Tony, that is wicked!  While you're there, I'd see if you could get Gregg to give you a tour of the place (actually, I'd beg and plead and try to bribe -_^).

nathan a said:
I was sad and frustrated with the way 'city folk' can be. I'm sure Puyallup will be different, most woodsy/rural smallish towns are.

Behind the frosted glass door, with carefully painted black letters displaying "Acme Agency", sat the private dick, Clay Moire, his feet propped up on one corner of the weathered oaken desk, showing the worn holes in the thin soles of his long ago shiny shoes.  He dictated to his secretary, Velda, and offered her the usual drink of bourbon, and got her usual refusal of the same.  He paused, lit another cigarette, and continued his dictation......

".......It was just another typical night, under the dank cloak of darkness, in a place where the stifling human condition met its certain cold fate.  A place, at night, where hearts would break and souls would wail.  A place, at night, where struggle would win out over endurance, hard luck win out over redemption, and someone would fall on their face, and get found in the morning sporting a few new holes, clinging to what was left of a bottle of cheap booze.  A place that kept its secrets well.  A place like this place.  A place called Puyallup...."

----- from "Clay Moire:  The Case of the Spalted Falcon"

dudesweet157 said:
Tony, that is wicked!  While you're there, I'd see if you could get Gregg to give you a tour of the place (actually, I'd beg and plead and try to bribe -_^).

Actually, I already had one when I interviewed for the CNC Operator position, and I met Gregg while I was there on May 30th.  Warmoth is not insured for public tours, so I was fortunate to receive one while interviewing there thanks to the graciousness of Gregg & Rod.

Back