More Floyd Questions...

T.L.

How hard is it to install the inserts for the Floyd Rose  on a new Warmoth body?. That's something I've never done before...

T.L. said:
How hard is it to install the inserts for the Floyd Rose  on a new Warmoth body?. That's something I've never done before...

I pay W $10 to do it for me.  It is a pretty tight fit, and they have the pressing equipment.  It may take them 5 minutes, but it would take me a lot longer than that, with the risk of damaging my new pristine body.  It is worth $10 to me.

BTW, why do you need to type in bold?  Are we wearing hearing aids?  :toothy12:

I did mine my self, it was pretty easy, Now that I've done it I wouldn't ever consider paying someone 10 bucks for it, it feels a bit scary at first because it is tight but just take your time nothings gonna break. I got it started going in with a back of a screw driver and finished it with the wide end of a punch, alot of people recommend a soft rubber mallet to start but i didnt have one, btw no scratches or anything, took me 10 mins tops? and I was being cautious.

ps. I like contradicting people to make your decision harder.

DocNrock said:
T.L. said:

I pay W $10 to do it for me.  It is a pretty tight fit, and they have the pressing equipment.  It may take them 5 minutes, but it would take me a lot longer than that, with the risk of damaging my new pristine body.  It is worth $10 to me.

BTW, why do you need to type in bold?  Are we wearing hearing aids?  :toothy12:

I like typing in bold. It's an attention-getter.  It's not like I'm typing in all caps...

Back