Mooncaster guys - which switches fit this d**n guitar

I was able to grab it with my fingers. But, in order to thread the retainer ring on, I had to switch to needle nose pliers to hold it in place as my holding fingers where in the way of my threading fingers and I couldn't get the ring to start following the barrel's threads.

Rgand said:
Glimmer said:
Rgand said:
Joe Gore had the same problem with one he built. He mentions that his luthier did just what you are talking about to bail him out. He even has a photo of the back of the guitar showing the cover on the back (paragraph 3). If i had one, that's what I'd do. Joe Gore Kischcaster article

I really like with he did with the Kitschcaster.  :icon_thumright:
Yeah, he got it right with those TV Jones pickups.

Yup, and heat shrink tubing can accomplish the same results as the cable ties, but shorter runs are preferred, and those would be concentrated on or near soldered connections, ie; pots, switches, jacks.

Cagey said:
I was able to grab it with my fingers. But, in order to thread the retainer ring on, I had to switch to needle nose pliers to hold it in place as my holding fingers where in the way of my threading fingers and I couldn't get the ring to start following the barrel's threads.

Gotta pic, Cagey?

I might - I'll have to dig for it. My photo organization leaves a lot to be desired at the moment. Had to rebuild the computer not too long ago, and it's still not back to where I want it.

Back