mini toggle route

are you asking about a hole in the pickguard? :icon_scratch: if so good question but  :dontknow:

well if you have a detailed blueprint you can get anything in a custom order, depending on difficulty an the size of your bank account.

well no i don't believe additional routing is done for mini toggles this would be custom work probably preformed by a hand router, in a rear route application the the route is very large and there is plenty of space for extra controls in there. if you wanted a different location on the guitar with a rear route a cover would need to be made you would probably get a les paul cover or something, and there is a big question of if they can drill a wire channel to it or not. on fender style stuff with a pick guard  there is little room but a mini togle can be squeezed in and any location under the pick guard could be done fairly easily.

so:
what type guitar?

where do you want it?
and
are you good with blueprints and drawings? it may be easier to just have a skilled tech do the work.

mini toggles are a personal thing, many people will find room in the original route and be satisfied but the locations can vary wildly so is there something specific you want? warmoth wouldn't profit from making hundreds of programs to do this in production. there are always custom orders if you can make a detailed drawing.

Just get a 1/4" drill bit and a 5/8" forstner bit.  Drill the 1/4" hole from the top of the guitar.  Protect the finish with blue tape.  If the wood is too thick to install the switch, remove some wood from the inside of the rout with the forstner bit.

I'd just drill it myself, personally. I've done my own .720 mod on a couple of Warmoth bodies now and that ain't too hard... But I guess not everyone has the tools or the skills to carry out this kind of work...    :glasses9:

Back