Mighty Mite pickups

exalted

Has anyone had a chance to try Mighty Mite pickups?

The guitar I returned is almost too cheap to pass up:
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Path=Body&orientation=27&i=jmp71

Even though I really want a Firebird with a contoured heel...I'm not sure if that would be worth 300 or more dollars for the Firebird compared to the JM.. My wife doesn't even like the idea that I want TWO guitars, much less three...so both aren't an option right now.  :sad1:

But if I did buy it, I don't have the cash right now for three Lollar P-90's (or, rather, I don't want to spend that much right now), hence, the Mighty Mite pickups. They sell P-90s for under 20 bucks each.

I don't imagine they're good...but I wonder how bad they could be.

Nothing wrong with Wilkinson P90s for $45 a set including shipping.  Check eBay for availability and uTube for tone samples.

Personally, since pickups are such huge tone-shapers, I don't think it is worth it to skimp.

nathana said:
Personally, since pickups are such huge tone-shapers, I don't think it is worth it to skimp.

Maybe you're right. As it turns out, my wife is really enamored with the Firebird, and thinks I should just wait and get that. Can't say I feel too differently.

We'll see how much further Warmoth will lower it.

I can't imagine TOO much - it's almost as cheap as an unfinished body...but even if they strip the finish, how many people would be interested in a mahogany Jazzmaster with three P-90's.  :icon_jokercolor:

If that's the left handed tangerine one, you sir, are very lucky I am right handed. I was even considering playing it upside down  :laughing7:, but the lack of body contours would be bothersome, so I passed.

Yeah, it's kind of a wacky little guitar. I definitely wouldn't mind owning it, but  we're trying to buy a house, so I can't gratuitiously spend money.  :-\

Stupid need for shelter.

exalted said:
Yeah, it's kind of a wacky little guitar. I definitely wouldn't mind owning it, but  we're trying to buy a house, so I can't gratuitiously spend money.  :-\

Stupid need for shelter.

With a guitar that awesome you won't need shelter. Rain and cold will be deflected by its epic tangerine finish.

The guitar I returned is almost too cheap to pass up:

Do you mean you special-ordered it, returned it, and now you want to pick it up cheap because they're stuck with it? :icon_scratch:

Sort of.

I special ordered a tangerine jazzmaster with a racing stripe. They put a competition stripe. Totally different.

I wasn't happy with it for $500+. If you're going to spend that much, you should get what you ordered and what you love. That said - I wouldn't mind having it for $200.

I have a solution.....buy both!  :icon_jokercolor:

But really, that is a pretty good price for that J-master, $200 less than you paid for it!  That's a deal right there!

Houses are kind of an important thing though I suppose....

Back