Mid Pickup?

You've given absolutely no information whatsoever.
What kind of tone do you want, and for what guitar?

Sorry, I'm looking for an edgier sound, particularly one that distorts well.  Think Muse...but not Muse :icon_scratch:.  I'm looking to put it in a Warmoth basswood Jaguar wired with only pickup selectors and a volume knob. 

Can I suggest you email Tim (I think) at Bare Knuckles.
Very helpful  :icon_thumright:
Send him your spec's / idea's ie: wood, wiring wanted,  etc

They will give you the best choice to go with those pickups you have already.
As I'm sure they have tested different setups / pickups.

Bare Knuckles  :blob7:

Good idea.  However, I just wanted to see what you guys thought before I got an "official" opinion, since I'm actually new to guitar.  I'm not looking for something to noodle around on; I'm trying to get serious with the instrument.  So I honestly have little idea where I'm getting most of my tone ideas.  I heard the Supermassive 90 samples a few days after my heart was set on the Crawlers, and now I'm head-over-heels in love with the tone I think I'll get. 

I find with the middle pickup I don't really use it that much by itself, but more mixed with the other pickups.  So unless you really intend to use it by itself I'd probably recomend something tonally that is similar to the other two, rather than one with it's unique sound.  I've found with my guitars that something completely whimpy or overwound in the middle just doesn't balance well.

Back