Meet Wendy

danp

Well, she's finally finished and... wow... has the wait been worth it?! I've put a load of pics on my Google Picasa space so I hope you don't mind travelling externally to see the beauty that is Wendy Warmoth:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jugglingdan/WendyWarmoth

So what are we looking at here? More than happy to run through the specs!

Black korina body with burl maple top, clear gloss finish and black accent line.
Five piece wenge/bubinga medium neck, fretless, with burl maple peghead veneer.
Nordstrand Fat Stacks pickups.
Gotoh tuners.
Hipshot A Style bridge.
Aguilar OBP-3 preamp. Control section comprises: volume, blend, mid with freq. select on push/pull, stacked treble and bass, and active/passive switch. It's wired for 18V for the extra headroom.
And currently she's strung with Rotosound halfrounds. However, having played for a week with these, I'm not 100% convinced so will probably move to Thomastik flatwounds... just as soon as I can bring myself to spend the £42 (about $75-$80) on a set!

Wendy's incredible. Her tone, even acoustically is like honey. Plugged in and passive, the signal from the Fat Stacks is astounding and switching in the Aguilar just makes my music heaven an even more pleasurable place to be.

A handful of thank-yous to some who have shared the joy: Jordan for turning me on to Warmoth in the first place; the Warmoth team for producing such gorgeous wood; Brian at bestbassgear.com for being possibly the friendliest person on the planet; Carey Nordstrand for setting me straight on Fat Stacks wiring; Vince Hockey - the quite ridiculously talented, Southampton-based (UK) luthier who assembled the bass for me; and Bob who who indulged in the glamour photography session which constitutes the pictures in my link!

Go fire up the link, set it to slideshow, put on some EMO and enjoy!

Hi Wendy.

............. .. ............. /' /)...
................./´ /)......../¯//...
..............,/¯// ...... /...//...
............./...//. ......./¯//......
.........../´¯/'´ ¯/´¯ /.../ ......
........./'.../... ./... /.../ //......
........('(...´(... ....... ,../'. .')...
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../....
..........''...\.... ..... . _.•´......
............\....... ..... ..(........

Aww, wendy's a cutie. Love your wood choices, that's a great bass there.

PS Anybody notice that girls named Wendy do tend to be real cute?

Having played the bass, I can testify that it looks even better in person that in pictures, and plays great too.
Glad it turned out good :)

Jordan.

Back