Maybe the most beautiful blue finish I have ever seen

Lucky #7

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=LPCP165&menuItem=4&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=2

LPCP165A.jpg
LPCP165B.jpg
LPCP165C.jpg

That was probably the one that Gregg was showing us.
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3166.0
Beautiful finish. I want just that only with different routings.

BUT US$ 995 for a double-lam???? Isn't that a little over the top? Or is it the one-piece mahogany that raises the price???

I noticed that too.  The last DLs they put up were initially $799 if I am remembering correctly and then I looked one day and they had jacked it up to $995.  I think they look nice and if I were to build another, I might pay for it depending on cash available, but I think that is getting a little ridiculous on the price.  If people are willing to pay it, and I might, it probably won't come down.

What is funny is that building a flame maple normal carved top would be cheaper... :(

I love blue finishes. Although I like this too, I prefer lighter shades of blue, Anderson & Suhr have some amazing blue finishes. As far as the price, I have to admit I'm guilty as I bought one of the first expensive LP's but I wouldn't do it again. I don't know why they are still so expensive, I thought the DL technique was made to cure this problem. For me, anything beyond $600 is expensive and I hope I'll stick with this and would never hit the "buy" button again...

In theory it's probably a "deal" compared to a $6,000 Paul Reed Smith, but the whole market is absolutely dotty & unpredictable. I didn't think I'd ever see original Fender Mustangs and solidbody 60's Epiphones selling for $1,500. The only possible reason that $150 guitar cords and $40 custom guitar picks even exist is because an old Les Paul is "worth" $250,000.

Even with 2 dollars to the pound I wouldn't pay that, nice though.

DocNrock said:
Gorgeous, but I don't think I'd pay $995 for it.
Give that man a prize folks........egggg-zachary...

It is a stunningly beatiful guitar, super super nice quilt. But I don't see a grand worth of wood there. I mean come on, we're working stiffs not friggin millionaires. As I'm sure Mr. W is by now...... :dontknow:
As far as I know my drivers licsense doesn't say Bill Gates on it.....

Now something like this I could see pulling in the big price tag they got on it. Cause I imagine Koa is getting exspensive, especially a one piece body as this.....But not for just a Les Paul with a quilt top.... :icon_scratch:
PS3016A.jpg

I bet this one would make a great looking build. In person its really striking. The price is right too!  (It's not blue either though).

stubhead said:
... The only possible reason that $150 guitar cords and $40 custom guitar picks even exist is because an old Les Paul is "worth" $250,000.

I have seen Gibsons on ebay selling for $600,000 but these guitars are not for us... the majority... the people of this forum. These guitars go to rockstars, collectors etc who all have one common thing: millions of money. Watch this LP:

The color is blue dye, same color like the 1st LP it was posted. Anybody who's thinking to make a custom order, should pay attention to the color if it's not solid because every piece of wood is different. I have to say the people responsible for the finishes at W are great. The only time I ordered an unpainted body, I sent pics with the custom color I wanted (washed black) and they matched the pics.

DangerousR6 said:
Now something like this I could see pulling in the big price tag they got on it. Cause I imagine Koa is getting exspensive, especially a one piece body as this.....But not for just a Les Paul with a quilt top....

I started playing guitar in 1990 and since that time Koa was getting rare and was going to extinct, etc. W says the same but they have often Koa bodies or Koa tops, always very expensive.

Gregg said:
I bet this one would make a great looking build. In person its really striking. The price is right too!  (It's not blue either though).
Very nice, very interesting color.......Some greens look kick ass on quilt. I had an oportunity to buy a green EB/EVH years ago and passed it up. Now if you can find one they sell for $5000 to $8000.... :sad:

Kostas said:
stubhead said:
... The only possible reason that $150 guitar cords and $40 custom guitar picks even exist is because an old Les Paul is "worth" $250,000.

I have seen Gibsons on ebay selling for $600,000 but these guitars are not for us... the majority... the people of this forum. These guitars go to rockstars, collectors etc who all have one common thing: millions of money. Watch this LP:

The color is blue dye, same color like the 1st LP it was posted. Anybody who's thinking to make a custom order, should pay attention to the color if it's not solid because every piece of wood is different. I have to say the people responsible for the finishes at W are great. The only time I ordered an unpainted body, I sent pics with the custom color I wanted (washed black) and they matched the pics.

[/quote]

This LP is was done differently trying a slighly different blue and trans combo. It has a slight turquoise hue in there and is not the norm for the Warmoth blue dye job.

mscmkr said:
Gregg do you have any idea whether this pricing is going to be standard for DLs?
The prices on the higher end LP bodies in the showcase have more to do with the extreme high grade of the Quilt Maple laminate and the 1-Piece Mahogany back than the "DL" factor. A DL is actually more labor intensive to create than a single laminate body but the market price for Quilt Maple out-paced the extra labor costs it takes to create a DL.

As long as you do not spec a Quilt laminate that is extremely high grade and a 1-piece back like those you see in the Showcase, having one built to order should be less expensive.

Back