May 2017 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

3, count 'em, 3 more entries! Not a quiet month after all! Welcome Alyda, exaN and hchoe741 to the contest.

Best of luck to all!

When there was only one, it was easy. Damn beautiful work on all of them.

GOM said:
3, count 'em, 3 more entries! Not a quiet month after all! Welcome Alyda, exaN and hchoe741 to the contest.

Best of luck to all!

Whoa!!  So do you remember the time I said I didn't want to win if it was only by default??  Well I totally didn't mean it  :help: :binkybaby:  LOL!! j/k...all the guitars look amazing!!  Love this place  :cool01:

Dirty Dave, the more I look at your bass, the more I want to build a neck that looks like that on my next guitar.  Super sharp looking.  :guitarplayer2:

Dirty Dave said:
GOM said:

Best of luck to all!

Whoa!!  So do you remember the time I said I didn't want to win if it was only by default??  Well I totally didn't mean it  :help: :binkybaby:  LOL!! j/k...all the guitars look amazing!!  Love this place  :cool01:

Whoa!!  So do you remember the time I said I was going to enter? (Backs quietly towards the door.)

Dirty Dave said:
Mad Hatter said:
GOM said:
Mad Hatter joins the battle, and that's definitely not a black or white guitar. Good luck!

Felt like I had to break up the monochromatic club  :toothy10:

Well you did a helluva job with that!! :glasses9:

Thanks man!  Warmoth had some killer quilt tops in stock.

Wow!  It's on like Donkey Kong now!  More killer looking axes.  How do you guys like the moon glow side markers?  I've got another build on the way, and have opted for them.  Can't wait to see what they look like.

Mad Hatter said:
Wow!  It's on like Donkey Kong now!  More killer looking axes.  How do you guys like the moon glow side markers?  I've got another build on the way, and have opted for them.  Can't wait to see what they look like.

A bit underwhelming I'd say. I haven't tried them in a live situation, but I think you'd have to carry a flash light around to charge them every 20-30 minutes. They are still light enough in color to be pretty easy to see without light though so it's not too big of a deal. I don't regret getting them, but wouldn't get them again :p.

Axkoa said:
Freakshow, that bridge is seriously cool. Must feel so accomplishing to be able to do something like that and then play it.

One of those guitars has seriously influenced what I want my first build to be...I really need a job.

This idea would be one seriously un-metal Metal guitar...

Thanks Axkoa!!
I actually made that bridge on a manual milling machine, old school style. It took several hours of machining alone, not to mention bead blasting (under the saddles, polishing the sides, then making the saddles themselves on a manual lathe. It was worth it in the end....thats my favorite single coil tele that I own! I have several other Warmoth builds that I plan to enter eventually...I didn't even know about this untill I stumbled upon it last month! Enjoy!

Freakshow__ said:
Axkoa said:
Freakshow, that bridge is seriously cool. Must feel so accomplishing to be able to do something like that and then play it.

One of those guitars has seriously influenced what I want my first build to be...I really need a job.

This idea would be one seriously un-metal Metal guitar...

Thanks Axkoa!!
I actually made that bridge on a manual milling machine, old school style. It took several hours of machining alone, not to mention bead blasting (under the saddles, polishing the sides, then making the saddles themselves on a manual lathe. It was worth it in the end....thats my favorite single coil tele that I own! I have several other Warmoth builds that I plan to enter eventually...I didn't even know about this untill I stumbled upon it last month! Enjoy!

That's one thing I would love to do in the future. Making my own parts for guitars, even if it is more expensive. Just the process of it and then the final result.

Mad Hatter said:
Dirty Dave, the more I look at your bass, the more I want to build a neck that looks like that on my next guitar.  Super sharp looking.  :guitarplayer2:

Thanks. I think you should go for it. Would love to see it posted as a future GOM submission.  :)

Fat Pete sneaks in with about 30 minutes to spare! Good luck to him and all the other entrants!

Entry is now closed and the voting thread is here.

Back