Matts LPS

1. mini hum, the fit into the p90 rout
2. the schaller flatmount thing, cant rememebr it's name but it's basically there version of a strat bridge

I like this ax, dig the strat neck on the LPS body.

Stick with a P-90, they're killer.  And I suggest looking into Reed James Custom ( http://www.reedjamescustom.com ) and get an exotic wood cover, like the ones I have on my thinline pictured below.  Keep as woody as possable. 

3248830203_05e4363c25_m.jpg

no way man! i want that classic firebird sound and i wont get that with P90s

also update on teh painting, got fucked up had to sand it back and start again  :sad1:

That's gonna be pretty sweet Matt, very different. Never see a strat neck on a LPS, although tfarny did have one on his regular LP... :icon_thumright:

Very nice, love the simplicity.  The single middle pickup definitely is unique.  Any idea for what sounds you're trying to coax out of the thing? 

start meets les paul kinda vibe

last build was very much a les pul soundwise and i love it but the humbuckers have just a little too much punch on clean

also wen i bought my amp i tested it out using an epi firebird with mini's, i adored teh sound i got from that set up, plenty of punch for high gain stuff but still soft enough for a good clean without any of that annoying hum

basically it's a very firebiy sound, iv actually just ordered a SD antiquity firebird pickup to go in it, vintagy, defo not a metal guitar jsut a clean and blues based guitar that can still rock some nirvana/led zep/ fu manchu or any other medium gain abdn you can think of ( is medium gain even a proper term?)

gnome said:
is medium gain even a proper term?

I'm not sure we have an official terminology database here. However, if we did, I'm sure medium-gain would be in it.  :laughing11:

Also, +1 on the "firebiy" sound and the middle-only pickup config. That's really unique. Personally, I've always loved the sound of a Firebird, but I find them really uncomfortable to play...

I think some one of my favorite projects are firebird spec guitars with more balanced strap placement like you'd have with a strat or something. A triple firebird pup VIP would absolutely KILL!!!

Back