Matts LPS

gnome

orrite time to start a thread on me new build!

it's gonna be an LPS

All rosewood strat neck
Mahogany LPS body
and minihumbcukered!

going for that super cool firebird in a defnately not vintage LPS style

so far i have the neck which has been sitting bodieless for months now but now the body is in the mail as is the pickup and bridge (schaller flatmount thingy)

now iv still gotta decide on the colour, my choices are: white, red, silver... those are the ones i like but if anyone gotta any cool ideas shoot! Pics of bits coming sooooon!

a strathead on a lps? could be really nice OR really weird looking..
can't wait to see the pics!

iv always though it would be a great look and i did some crappy mock ups in paint and it looked pretty damn cool but of course i wont know until it's all togetehr

Yeah, I'm not sure about the Strat headstock, but you never know, it could look great. I think silver could be a really interesting coulour, especially if you could get a metallic or flake finish going.

I rocked a strat head / LP body for a couple  months last summer, just because I had the parts...can't say I picked it for the looks though.

mmm iv kinda gone off silver adn im getting silver hardware aswell so that might not work at all...

i should have added cream/yellow to that, i needa colour that will match well with the rosewood which is quiet dark

big%20guitar%203.jpg

gnome said:
mmm iv kinda gone off silver adn im getting silver hardware aswell so that might not work at all...

i should have added cream/yellow to that, i needa colour that will match well with the rosewood which is quiet dark

What about plain ol' yellow?
<------ worked for me, and I've got a rosewood fingerboard (mahogany neck)

yeh i saw that and it got me thinkin

im thinkin creme or yellow or red... decisions!

well i went paint shopping today and after hours of deliberating between a really nice red and an equally nice yellow i picked

CHERY RED!!! woooo

should be sexy as hell

Cool.  I like the middle-only pickup.  What are you going to do about the "bellybutton" (CNC guide hole)?

ooo fprgot about that, guess ill have to head to the hardware sore tomorow to grab soemthign to fill it

gnome said:
well i went paint shopping today and after hours of deliberating between a really nice red and an equally nice yellow i picked

CHERY RED!!! woooo

should be sexy as hell

Nice! I'm excited to see this come together.

i like the strat headstock a lot! its a custom guitar, no rules to follow!

very excited to see this come together  :icon_thumright:

Just a few questions...

1. Just that middle pickup? Is it a mini humbucker like you said? It looks like a P90.
2. What bridge rout is that?

Back