Maple neck full dye

sonicblue

I can't seem to find this on the Warmoth site, but is it possible to get them to fully dye a 1pc maple neck? I have this Fender custom shop calender with an insane green telecaster neck/strat body thats got a green flame maple body and green birdseye maple neck. sickest guitar i've seen.

Nope.  Hard maple can turn out blotchy if dyed.  You could go with a trans blue finish though.

Wyliee said:
Nope.  Hard maple can turn out blotchy if dyed.  You could go with a trans blue finish though.

I was thinking about doing the same thing to my flame maple neck. In general is neck wood harder than flame maple used for laminant?
That's a bummer if I can dye mine. I totally had an awsome vision of this guitar in my head!

BA

f1badude said:
Wyliee said:

I was thinking about doing the same thing to my flame maple neck. In general is neck wood harder than flame maple used for laminant?
That's a bummer if I can dye mine. I totally had an awsome vision of this guitar in my head!

BA

Correct. Different species are used for necks (hard maple) and laminate tops (eastern soft maple).

Fender custom shop calender with an insane green telecaster neck/strat body thats got a green flame maple body and green birdseye maple neck.

That guitar is so nice, I think it by far the best build on that calendar.  It definitely got me thinking about the same thing.

Back