Mahogany Telecaster body

Jwheeler

Just arrived today.  From the showcase but custom routed to hum-p90-hum.  It's neck will be a bubinga baritone.  Pretty excited!

DSC_5237.jpg

DSC_5240.jpg

I bought this piece of mahogany to practice the finish a little and see if I liked it first.  It's called "Georgian Cherry," with a coat of satin gel urethane on top.  I like the way it turned out so the tele's going that way too.

DSC_5242.jpg

Jack- The plan is to have a switch for each pickup.  For the hums they will be hum-off-single, and the p90 will be just an off-on.  I analyzed a lot of different possible setups, and kept coming back to this one.  I want to be able to have all of them on, OR just the middle, and this is the simplest way I could come up with.  I'm itching to hear how it sounds!

CB-From all the talk on the board about how good the p90 is I wanted to give it a try.  However I did not want to give up my hum in the neck.  I like my h-s-h guitar a lot, and thought I would try the best single coil made in there.  It's weird.

I meant with the weird lump on the bridge pickup route, and the strangeness on the neck pickup route - that ones half P90 half HB

Which HBs/P90? Could make for some interesting tones...

CB - It;s just a weird camera angle, look at the bottom pic; neck pickup is normal, but doesn't look that way from top pic. I got that route on my custom Tele orders, figured it was for laying grounding wire to Tele string through bridge, worked for me....

-CB- said:
I meant with the weird lump on the bridge pickup route, and the strangeness on the neck pickup route - that ones half P90 half HB
You're seeing a standard routed Tele body (with Tele pickup routs) routed over with 3 humbucker routs. The residual missing wood of the intial pickup routs remain.

Like Gregg said, it was routed for standard tele pickups, and that lump is where the end of the bridge pup rout was.  It'll be covered by the bridge so no one will see it...except you guys.  If you tell anyone that cut is there...I'll come to your house and cut you!

Jack-As far as pickups go, I'm thinking of going with Dimarzio Dsonic in the bridge (it'll be a baritone) PAF Pro in the neck and either the Dimarzio Soapbar, or Virtual Soapbar. 

If instead using a humbuckered-Tele bridge, you use a hardtail and a mounting ring, would appear the previous tele route? ? ? ???
BTW, nice body!

From looking at it, I think a mounting ring should cover the little extra.  If any shows through, its so busy looking right there that the ring, the bridge and the pickup would distract anyone from seeing it unless they looked really close.  I'm still going to use the tele bridge, just because that's what the holes are drilled for.

jackthehack said:
The Gotoh Tele humbucker bridge covers that notch up; no mounting rings used with that bridge rout

Exactly.  NonsenseTele Asked IF I used a mounting ring and hardtail, would it cover it.
NonsenseTele said:
If instead using a humbuckered-Tele bridge, you use a hardtail and a mounting ring, would appear the previous tele route? ? ? ???
BTW, nice body!

Back