Mahogany neck or Rosewood neck for LP and PRS

thePRSlover

Yo I need help with the difference between a mahogany neck and rosewood neck assuming you putting it on an Les Paul like guitar or PRS. I need to make a decision on the design of the build I'm planning for.

thePRSlover said:
Yo I need help with the difference between a mahogany neck and rosewood neck assuming you putting it on an Les Paul like guitar or PRS. I need to make a decision on the design of the build I'm planning for.

Mahogany will be cheaper, but will require a finish.

Rosewood is gorgeous and doesn't require a finish.

My choice would be rosewood, because to me nothing beats the feel of nice raw neckmeat!

rick2 said:
What do you like?

I quite like my les paul but I wonder if i cant replicate it by making it into a PRS style guitar but then I saw Santana's Salmon guitar with a full Rosewood neck and I thought it sounded brilliant. The tonal difference is what im trying to establish or should I say string response

If it’s sound you’re  interested in there’s a warmoth YouTube video that shows the differences are not that great.  Body wood makes a bigger difference.  Best to pick a neck  that feels good to you and then looks good too. 

If you’ve never played a raw wood neck get one.  You’ll enjoy it.

Mahogany. But there is no reference information regarding the rest of the specs.

(by the way this post is in the wrong sub forum - it should be in General topics)

stratamania said:
Mahogany. But there is no reference information regarding the rest of the specs.

(by the way this post is in the wrong sub forum - it should be in General topics)

Yeah sorry mate, i'm new and im quickly asking for a friend

ragamuffin said:
thePRSlover said:

Mahogany will be cheaper, but will require a finish.

Rosewood is gorgeous and doesn't require a finish.

My choice would be rosewood, because to me nothing beats the feel of nice raw neckmeat!

What he ^ said X10!

Back