mahogany body

Bruno

Aesthetically I don't like mahogany joints when a body is more pieces.
I like this linked but I don't understand if 1, 2 or more pieces (Wamorth usualy indicates when 1-piece - no note here -).
What do you think? 1, 2 or more pieces?
PS5958B.jpg

Two...right down the middle.  It is tough to catch sometimes.  This one is obvious.  Not a big deal.  I tend to stay away from three piece...then it is a little more obvious.  That unless it has a killer top cap.

If you find the aesthetics pleasing, there are no real issues with multiple piece bodies.  Glue is stronger than wood most of the time.

I also thinked two-piece (centerline) but following image...  :icon_scratch:

PS5958C.jpg

I  don't see the join ... (it's not a chambered body)

Bruno said:

PS5958C.jpg

Much of the joint is hidden by the pickup routing.  You can see just a hint on the bottom  That is a real nice piece.  I would not at ALL concern your self with this.  almost ALL guitars have two piece bodies.  This one is hidden very well too

Thank you.
As you yourself have said many bodies are today in 2 or more pieces
John Suhr told me that he prefers 2-piece bodies to 1 piece (*more stable* or something similar)
Let's say, since I'm not a seller or a guitar exhibitor  :toothy12:... I try to buy something that has good vibrations and that I like (esthetically). Like this body I think (and I hope...)  :icon_thumright:

DMRACO said:
Bruno said:

PS5958C.jpg

Much of the joint is hidden by the pickup routing.  You can see just a hint on the bottom  That is a real nice piece.  I would not at ALL concern your self with this.  almost ALL guitars have two piece bodies.  This one is hidden very well too

IT may be that this is a two piece back with a droptop laminate on the front - the burst edge makes it hard to tell.  I've seen it with some of the more pedestrian pieces of lumber in the back, with a more interestingly figured frontside (whether ash or mahogany - never seen it with alder, but you never know).  Same thing could be going on here.

Bagman67 said:
IT may be that this is a two piece back with a droptop laminate on the front - the burst edge makes it hard to tell.  I've seen it with some of the more pedestrian pieces of lumber in the back, with a more interestingly figured frontside (whether ash or mahogany - never seen it with alder, but you never know).  Same thing could be going on here.

good point.  That could be the case.  I guess that would technically make it a 3 piece...OMG!!!!! :laughing8:

Bagman67 said:

Absolutely not.
It's a solid body, not a chambered body (so not laminated-top).

Bruno said:
Bagman67 said:

Absolutely not.
It's a solid body, not a chambered body (so not laminated-top).

I think you will find that the other laminated-top bodies are also described as solid, except when they are chambered or hollow - so the "solid" label is not necessarily an indicator of whether a lam-top is present or not.

Further investigations are required...

peace

Bagman

Back