a Pau Ferro/Maple/Rosewood/Maple/Pau Ferro top
Boobinga Neck, Ebony FB

The hardware:
Planet Waves Auto Trim tuners
graphtech nut
Wilkinson Bridgeplate
Rio Grande Texas Neck
Dimarzio Area Hot T in the Bridge
Once assembled we decided it doesn't really need string trees (unlike Luke's strat) we may still slap em on later.

and it sounds amazing!
Lots of Twang in the bridge, while the neck is really warm and growly (is that a word?)
there will probably be another photo session, after all the fingerprints have been taken off :)

June232009038.jpg

June232009039.jpg

June232009030.jpg

June232009041.jpg

June232009047.jpg

June232009023.jpg

I like the upsidedown humbucker. Very, very nice work luke. I'm a sucker for stained walnut and for maple stripes.

rockskate4x said:
I like the upsidedown humbucker.

it was not an intentional peter green/gary more reference..
we just put it in the way the wire came out..  :tard:
it sounds great, but Luke may want to flip it around.

Oh, love it! Love it!
Give more info on that dimarzio hot T - I may get one of those for my upcoming build.

rockskate4x said:
I like the upsidedown humbucker. Very, very nice work luke. I'm a sucker for stained walnut and for maple stripes.
I don't think it's walnut...Pau Ferro if I remember correctly... :icon_biggrin:

Very sweet indeed Markoooooo and Luke.... "zeer ontzagwekkend"..... :headbang1:

Looking at it again - you don't want to try a metal or black hb ring? That cream ring bugs me because it's the only cream thing on that beautiful body.

DangerousR6 said:
rockskate4x said:
I don't think it's walnut...Pau Ferro if I remember correctly... :icon_biggrin:

Very sweet indeed Markoooooo and Luke.... "zeer ontzagwekkend"..... :headbang1:

my bad... well whatever it is it's gorgeous...  :icon_thumright:

tfarny said:
Looking at it again - you don't want to try a metal or black hb ring? That cream ring bugs me because it's the only cream thing on that beautiful body.

Well nothing is set in stone yet.. I ordered a bubinga control knob.. so the black there will be gone. the creme goes really well with the maple lines, but that doesn't come out well in the pictures.

Just took it around the office.. everyone seems to like it.. we'll get some more pics up tonight.  :eek:ccasion14:

Cool.  Is it going to stay sans string tees?  I tried lowering the nut on mine, but ended up taking it to Gary at The Guitar Shop in Richardson.  It didn't need the string tees, and he wasn't a fan of them either.  Anywho, did ya'll have to lower the nut?

Back