LPS parts are here

chuck7

The parts for my LPS build, which I'm calling "No 1", came in on wednesday.  I have been to busy messing with it, working, and playing GTA 4 to get around to posting the pictures.  :)  But here they are.  I couldn't be happier. 

The body is a bit darker than the pictures imply.  The flash really lights up the fire burst finish.
DSC03697.jpg

DSC03701.jpg

I was going to finish the face of the peg head, but I think I have decided to leave it raw.  The finger board is beautiful.  and it has no nasty dots to hide the grain!
DSC03702.jpg

DSC03703.jpg

Padouk FTW!
DSC03705.jpg

And finally:
DSC03706.jpg

I know some guys have had some issues with the neck fitting out of the box, but I got lucky.  It fit so well it was almost like there was a vacuum when pulling it out.  All around, I couldn't be happier with the parts.  I have gotten a good bit into assembly, but I will post those pictures in the In Progress forum. 

Update, here is the continuing thread:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3217.0

check the binding on the neck and make sure there's no lip that can hit the body... but that's probably just something that happened to me only  :binkybaby:

otherwise - sweet looking part you've got there - not really a fan of the double cutaway but it sure is pretty... :)

That is really beautiful. To keep marital peace I convinced my wife that I was done building for a while, but after I see this...anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

On an off note, "off" being the operative word, when I look at that neck against that body I'm reminded of the leg warmers that chicks used to wear in the 80's.
I have no idea why.  :toothy12:

Back