LP

Jommit

Just got my new LP neck. Birdseye maple with ebony fingerboard and blue pearloid inlay. I`m so satisfied :hello2:
DSC00138.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

Better pics comming up when the body is here, and i get back my camera from a friend;)

Man a maple LP neck just looks weird to me. I like seeing that style with a dark headstock, even if just a veneer. Cool one-off catch with those blue inlays though.

is the nut blue too?  It looks blue in the picture.  Also, the grain in the peg face looks great.  What are the specs on the body that you have coming?

No the nut is graphite and looks pretty much the same color as the fingerboard.
The body I`m waiting for is quilt maple on mahogany finished in bengal burst.

No matter how good you thought that Bengal Burst finish looked on the showcase, be prepared to be amazed when it arrives.  The pictures don't do that finish justice in any way.  It is extremely what I'll call dynamic.  Takes on a completely different look in sunlight and incandescent light.  At night it almost looks like a tobacco burst.  It is amazing.

Lucky #7 said:
No matter how good you thought that Bengal Burst finish looked on the showcase, be prepared to be amazed when it arrives.  The pictures don't do that finish justice in any way.  It is extremely what I'll call dynamic.  Takes on a completely different look in sunlight and incandescent light.  At night it almost looks like a tobacco burst.  It is amazing.
Don`t make the time waiting harder by saying things like that, It`s hard enough as it is :icon_tongue:

They were selling an amazing blueburst quilted maple LP body in the Showcase, even if a bolt-neck LP is, well, a bit strange.

Wow, I really dig those inlays after seeing some "real" pics. Somehow flashy yet, understated. Very nice.

The body came in today :hello2: Now I understand that the picture don`t do it justice Lucky #7 :toothy10: It is absolutely amazing.
DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

Very, very sharp!  After seeing a few of these, I'm really digging the bengal burst pattern!

I agonized over yours and mine when I was deciding which one to get.  It was a rough decision.  It really is amazing how the characteristics change in different lighting.  I also like how the red and gold are kind of reflective like a toned down bike reflector.

Lucky #7 said:
I agonized over yours and mine when I was deciding which one to get.  It was a rough decision.  It really is amazing how the characteristics change in different lighting.  I also like how the red and gold are kind of reflective like a toned down bike reflector.
I`m glad you didn`t take mine because I had mine on my wishlist for a while before i bought it;) I am so satisfied, it`s much better than I expected (not that I didn`t expect it to be nice but it is so much better). :rock-on:

I'm loving that burst.  And the bookmatching on quilt is wicked.    :glasses9:  :headbang:  :hello2:
My next build is a bengalburst LP.  Defo !  :eek:ccasion14:

Back