lp with floyd

I have seen it but you would have to route the top out if you are using a carved top. 
Check out Neil Schon;s LP.

http://www.sonicftp.com/news/images/wnamm05_gibson_schon.jpg

wnamm05_gibson_schon.jpg

Kahler makes a stud mount that working nicely.   I when the easiest route (no pun intended) and installed a Wlikinson.

I've seen other Lp's before with Floyds and they just didn't look right. But I'm liking that one a lot.... :icon_thumright:

The Les Paul Axcess is $3500 on musiciansfriend.com.  It's just wrong.  Pretty sure it is a sign of the Apocalypse.  I expect the seas to boil shortly.

Lucky #007 said:
The Les Paul Axcess is $3500 on musiciansfriend.com.  It's just wrong.  Pretty sure it is a sign of the Apocalypse.  I expect the seas to boil shortly.
I think it's pretty awesome, can't wait for Epiphone to make it's version.

I'm sorry I am not a fan of a Floyd Rose on a LP. Particularly a carved top one. Just personal preference.

gibson overcharges his guitars like a madman. its idiotic. warmoth makes better les pauls, but for just a scratch, compared with gibson.

dmraco said:
I have seen it but you would have to route the top out if you are using a carved top. 
Check out Neil Schon;s LP.

http://www.sonicftp.com/news/images/wnamm05_gibson_schon.jpg

wnamm05_gibson_schon.jpg

Kahler makes a stud mount that working nicely.   I when the easiest route (no pun intended) and installed a Wlikinson.
Is this just a bad shot or is there something strange with the neck pickup?

It's a Dimarzio Fast track rails pickup and a Fernandez Sustainer.

That gold top looks so nice like that, I guess I've got to find someone who'll route my LP for me. :laughing7:

Lucky #007 said:
I think it's pretty awesome, can't wait for Epiphone to make it's version.

You're young.  You'll grow out of it. 

j/k

But seriously, you will.[/white goodman]

Ah, Dodgeball. Gotta see that movie again.

When epiphone makes their version, it will probably be just as good as gibsons, except the set up and Pups will probably be a bit ordinary.

the thing I really like about the new gibby is the ergonomics... I think all LP's should be like that... it'd be cooler without the huge pricetag and the floyd...

I am a Floyd Rose user, but it would ruin the tone of a Les Paul, as well as throw off the string spacing...

T.L. said:
I am a Floyd Rose user, but it would Ruin the tone of a Les Paul, as well as throw off the string spacing...

absolutely. thats why I use kahler. I have 2 les pauls though with a non-locking tremolo, and those sound more like a real lester than most gibsons.

im pretty sure epiphone already made a les paul with a floyd. If I remember correctly (and im almost 100% positive, I almost bought it) that it was alpine white with black hardware. it was like 300 dollars, but that was like a year and a half ago, since then they have had like 3 price increases.

T.L. said:
I am a Floyd Rose user, but it would ruin the tone of a Les Paul, as well as throw off the string spacing...

With the tone changing, there's no way around that.  As for string spacing, they changed the entire neck joint as well as adding body contours, why would they overlook the fretboard to accomodate the string spacing.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
T.L. said:

With the tone changing, there's no way around that.  As for string spacing, they changed the entire neck joint as well as adding body contours, why would they overlook the fretboard to accomodate the string spacing.

The fretboard would not be an issue. You would have to use a bridge pickup with "F"-spacing, or else the pole pieces would not line up with the strings.  'Easy enough to change a pickup, I guess...

Back