LP vs. LPS

I wouldn't worry at all about the neck pocket on an LPS. There's still plenty of wood there for the neck to mount to (especially on a carved top with an angled neck pocket). Mine has tons of sustain and fantastic tuning stability. The most important areas where the neck and body are coupled seem to be the surface where they bolt together (the screw tensions clamps them together) and accross the back of the heel (the string tension clamps this area). The LPS has just as much wood in these areas as any other body design. I say go for your favorite and don't look back.

Thanks,
-Bob

bob7point7 said:
I wouldn't worry at all about the neck pocket on an LPS. There's still plenty of wood there for the neck to mount to (especially on a carved top with an angled neck pocket). Mine has tons of sustain and fantastic tuning stability. The most important areas where the neck and body are coupled seem to be the surface where they bolt together (the screw tensions clamps them together) and accross the back of the heel (the string tension clamps this area). The LPS has just as much wood in these areas as any other body design. I say go for your favorite and don't look back.

Thanks,
-Bob

Thanks Bob, Thanks guys  :headbang:
I'm Sold on the LPS  :eek:ccasion14:
I already have my spec sheet in at Warmoth to make sure all of my stuff is feasible.

One last question and this one probably goes out to you and/or dmraco. I am going to mount the neck using counter sunk ferrules like the attached pic. I need to know if I use the stock neck screw hole locations, do I have enough real estate on the body heal to put these 5/8" diameter counter sinks and not go close to or outside the edge. This will determine if I order the body and neck with the stock mounting holes or do I order them omitted and drill them myself.

Thanks again, looking forward to the new project.

BA

I would omit them

But stay away from the contoured neck.  I am not sure the amount of material you will need to remove and may not have enough.  The Sales folks at warmoth may know...

Hey...one of the best parts of building a custom guitar are the neck plates....see.....sorry max...time to whip then our again

Come on, I'm tired of you whipping out your wood every time you can :p
Oh, who am I kidding. I'm going to find a bigger pic of your wood.

What's weird is when one friend randomly starts talking about another friend's boobs, then you invite that other friend over to let her in on the conversation. Meanwhile, you were shown a video of the first friend making out with someone else (both girls) by friend 1 when she was out of it because of a fun weekend. Then, she tells you you won't be seeing that video, at which point you get to tell her you already saw it.

Back