Lord of the pedals

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
Most insane pedal board..
69841537_2396578637122115_1487164032904331264_o.jpg

:icon_biggrin:
This blew my mind when I saw it on Instagram. The objectively best sound was when they were all turned on.

T89Rex said:
This blew my mind when I saw it on Instagram. The objectively best sound was when they were all turned on.

Is there a video somewhere of it in action? I’d be... curious.

Pretty sure this is either photoshop or a distributor staged event. Otherwise, This passed the point where rack mounted midi sequenced pedal changes were in order after the first pedal board.

swarfrat said:
Pretty sure this is either photoshop or a distributor staged event. Otherwise, This passed the point where rack mounted midi sequenced pedal changes were in order after the first pedal board.
it was real, best i could tell, I believe it was posted on IG by someone from Supro...

-VB- said:
T89Rex said:

Is there a video somewhere of it in action? I’d be... curious.

Yes on Youtube. I think Sweetwaters channel.

Sweetwater made it possible, but it was the brainchild of Rob Scallon. The owners of JHS, Wampler, Keeley, and a few other were all on site assisting. It was officially recognized by Guinness Book as the world's largest pedalboard.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/iWRfLuJ_NKw[/YouTube]

It's funny ... and a little dumb. Like most Guinness Book of Records records ...

And technically speaking it is a lot of boards chained together - not A board.

391 effects ... it's a little more than I would do any day in my Axe Fx III. But I'm sure Vernon Reid would be interested.  :icon_biggrin:

SustainerPlayer said:
391 effects ... it's a little more than I would do any day in my Axe Fx III.

Out of interest could the Axe FXIII do this. How many virtual pedals can it do?

stratamania said:
SustainerPlayer said:

Not that many at once. LOL
But rest assured, it would be odd if you needed all the effects possible for any given section of a song.
For instance, let’s say you have 2 drive blocks. From there you have 4 channels for each of them in each scene, then you have 8 scenes per patch.  So with a single patch you could run any 2 concurrently out of 64 possibilities within a single patch.  And you have 512 patches. 

TBurst Std said:
stratamania said:
SustainerPlayer said:

Not that many at once. LOL
But rest assured, it would be odd if you needed all the effects possible for any given section of a song.
For instance, let’s say you have 2 drive blocks. From there you have 4 channels for each of them in each scene, then you have 8 scenes per patch.  So with a single patch you could run any 2 concurrently out of 64 possibilities within a single patch.  And you have 512 patches.

You got a 6 x 14 grid - where you need one place for input and one for output. That leaves 82 spots that could be used for effects if the CPU limits would allow that. 

Love that they got Alex Lifeson to give it a whirl.

I skipped around a bit, do they have all the pedals running in series, or are different blocks running parallel into the amps?

I rather enjoyed that. I think I’ll look forward to the followup video he mentioned as well.

Edit for temporal anomaly: looks like that video is already out.
[youtube]aiUuGcjb39o[/youtube]

It was fun to see the guy go through all those pedals, one at a time. Some quite quickly but enough to get a sampling of them. Good video.

Seamas said:
I skipped around a bit, do they have all the pedals running in series, or are different blocks running parallel into the amps?
Series as I understand it. There’s a moment when they’ve hooked them all up and are trying it out and there’s no sound. They are then able to check each board until they find the faulty culprit. There’s also that moment when all pedals are off and they get sound from the amps even though the signal passes through 500 feet of cable.
And everybody’s really impressed.
All in all a very cool video imho.

Logrinn said:
Seamas said:
Series as I understand it. There’s a moment when they’ve hooked them all up and are trying it out and there’s no sound. They are then able to check each board until they find the faulty culprit. There’s also that moment when all pedals are off and they get sound from the amps even though the signal passes through 500 feet of cable.
And everybody’s really impressed.
All in all a very cool video imho.

Yeah. I mean it is silly, but fun.

I like Josh from JHS, I watch his videos on youtube a lot.
I've also been watching a lot of That Pedal Show.

I have as a result developed a bigger interest in pedals.
I used to think all dirt pedals were the same and thought since I owned a BD-2 I probably wouldn't have any use for any other dirt pedal. Then I got a fuzzbox and wondered why I  never bothered getting one before.

And then you need multiple fuzzes, because a Big Muff sounds nothing like a Fuzz Face, and one day you wake up and realise you own 15 gain pedals.

Back