Looks Like A Tele...

glpmkr

...but there the resemblance ends.

Finished last week this thinline style guitar is experimental on several levels. The body is Australian Oak, hollowed out and capped with Jarrah.

The front pickup is an SD vintage P90, the bridge contains Graphtech Ghost saddles. The controls were master volume and blend, however I replaced the blend pot with a 3-way switch - a more practical control for my applications. The output is stereo, so you can send the P90 to a guitar amp and the Ghost to the PA or acoustic amp. The middle position has both going at once, so it could sound like two instruments in some situations.

The acoustic sound is very good - a huge improvement over the older piezo bridge setups that sounded tinny and lacked depth. I wouldn't substitute it for a good acoustic guitar as a solo instrument, but in a band setting it's great. The ability to change between acoustic and electric on stage with the flick of a switch makes life a heck of a lot easier.

This is my first P90 and I love it. I can see a guitar with two P90s in my future.

The neck is a Warmoth pro with a wide (1.75") nut to try to make it feel a little more "acousticcy".

Now that is different!
Very nice though.. I have said it before, I have some kind of fetish for contrasts when it comes to top/body colours.. and this is extra nice!!
Great build!

Marko said:
... Very nice though.. I have said it before, I have some kind of fetish for contrasts when it comes to top/body colours.. and this is extra nice!!

Same here, why limit yourself with the same color front & back?

Back