Lollar vs Fralin Neck/Mid pickups for Strat

alexreinhold

I know, I know - impossible to answer... But for lack of YouTube videos, I'm trying to get some anecdotal feedback from Lollar and/or Fralin owners.

I own Lollar Blackfaces in a Warmoth Strat and I LOVE them. I just sold the Texas Specials from my Fender MIA 2003 Strat and I'm thinking of something just slightly less aggressive/Texas/hot and a tiny bit more airy/clear/open. Lollar Blondes are an obvious choice. But what about Fralin Hot Vintage or Fralin Blues Special Strat in comparison?

Just FYI - SD Antiquity 2's and DiMarzio Area 58 are also awesome but I don't think they're not as close to what I'm looking for as both Blonde and Blackface.

The closest I have are Callaham/Fralin Hendrix/SRV special wind cryogenically treated pickups that Callaham used to sell. They are not available any longer from Callaham. Perhaps some of the Fralin pickups may be close to them probably the Blues special.

They sound like good older Strat pickups, as for comparisons between one and another of the pickups you mentioned I don't have the others so I could not comment really. But if the Fralin Blues are similar to what I have they may give you what you are looking for.

Back