Ordered a new neck for a friends Strat!

C

Cederick

PICTURES!

sxli86.jpg

6i7gj7.jpg

2639fdd.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture, but this is always a GOOD sign; a near perfect reflection on all frets is equal to a great flipping playing guitar. I suspect NO leveling or fretwork is needed... Not surprised tho, Warmoth often do a GREAT job with seating the frets.
2whfgav.jpg

TO THE POINT!!

Another friend asked me to help him out with his strat, it has a banana neck with stripped truss rod, so I recommended getting a Warmoth neck for it instead of trying to fix that stuff.

However, my previous order was a big letdown (3 necks, out of which 2 was mine and I had to sell one because of ---> ), with over-beveled fret ends. Strings kept slipping off until I changed to a narrower locking nut. I'm not in love with the narrow string spacing, but at least the strings doesn't slip off all the time.

Here's a (unscientific!!!) comparison of all three WARMOTH necks I have at the moment, plus the guys new neck from this project, and I also post a pic of one I had a couple of years ago:

v5eipw.jpg

11j6u1h.jpg

219s85t.jpg

24w7hxc.jpg

m9qf6v.jpg

j7zqr6.jpg

When fitting the nut I accidently superglued myself to my pants :flex:

2s7uvqf.jpg

RESULT!!!!!!!

I think the guitar ended up really nice; he uses 009s (I use 010s), so even with a slightly higher action than I'm used to, it's still easy to get going with it. The Planet Waves tuners are just as awesome as the ones I own (not on a guitar currently tho) and the stainless steel frets feels nice and slinky. Let's not forget the awesome roasted maple feel.  :cool01:

2vuzzmp.jpg

[youtube]v0TrWWZjGt4[/youtube]

ALL IN ALL: This neck was superb, and feels REALLY good.
The fact the bevels are back to "steep" I can't be more happy!
Sure, it's not even my neck or guitar, but I REALLY hope next time I order, I can specify I want steep bevels.
I am not interested in square fret ends, and not over beveled, just these "normal" bevels. I call them normal, because I've had them on 4/5 necks in total now, so the overbeveling must have been a mistake?

Fast shipping, excellent quality, exactly the way I love Warmoth. :yourock:

Back