Lindy Fralin Tele® pickup shootout!

As always sounded great. I like to watch just to keep tabs on how Aaron's hair is evolving. currently I feel we are in a Jackson Brown sort of phase , trimmed and presentable yet still sassy.

Last edited:
The Blues special neck pickup sounds really nice to me, but I'm only judging from the demo.

When I used Fralin's blues special Strat pickups I thought it was very warm sounding, especially for the neck and middle positions.

TV Jones Starwood Tele for the win! (y)

Oh, wait ... never mind.

Seriously, the Blues Specials won every time for me (given the limited tones in the test).

I think they should have been tested in a more "Tele traditional" manner.

I think they should have been tested in a more "Tele traditional" manner.

I'm curious what you would consider "more Tele traditional". Do you mean the Bakersfield compressed chicken-picking thing?

To me, the coolest thing about the Tele is that it works and has a legacy in pretty much every musical context.

To me, the coolest thing about the Tele is that it works and has a legacy in pretty much every musical context.

Agreed. Wether in high gain R&R, or just a simple clean voicing like the Pretenders, or all points in between, the Tele just sits right anywhere.

I'm against the grain in that I have EMG's in mine, but I feel like I have a bit more of everything with the actives, and it still serves a lot a ground.

Tele's are workhorses of their own.

I'm curious what you would consider "more Tele traditional". Do you mean the Bakersfield compressed chicken-picking thing?
I guess I just would have liked to hear more clean sounds and possibly some more lead type single note playing. Not a big deal, really. Nice job on the video, as usual, one way or the other! :cool:

I agree, 100%!

my ears must be busted cause i def heard a subtle high-freq* rolloff on the vintage hots and a slightly thicker lower midrange compared to the blues ones.

*more like high freak, thats what they called me back at my college. well, at a college lol

Back