Lil Rick Velocity

Hey, that's a great look. I tried it out on my first-ever guitar finishing job - which eventually I screwed up so bad during assembly that I abandoned the project. Just as well - the ($50 non-Warmoth) body weighed about 7 pounds. I never would have picked it up to play.

5902777828_79cf73400e_c.jpg

Looking really good! I hope to try out my own finish job at some point, likely on a non-Warmoth body because I wouldn't want to permanently screw up something that nice. Excited to see how it turns out, as it's looking like a great build already 🤘

Far as I got today, when reducing pic size it weirdly takes most of the red color out. Dunno? I know over time the red will fade but it's pretty red now.Vel Spud.jpg

With every picture it looks even better … you rubbed some mojo on that.

Ok mostly finished, needs strap buttons (on order) and back plate. Velocity body, Warmoth 59 strat neck, 6150's Rail Cutter Heavy 90 bridge, RailHammer Hyper Vintage neck. CTS 500k POTS, Sprauge Orange drop, Switchcraft 3 way. 22awg pushback, Wilkenson Bridge (replaced saddles with black stainless) Brass Nut Wilkenson tuners. Rubbed on face twice. May look into black Vega trem down the road when finances allow.Lil' Ricky.jpg

Last edited:
Last one with bar. The pickups are great (thank you Rick) and dammed if the trem doesn't actually stay in tune (no divebombing bs).IMG_5094.jpg

Back