Lightest Thinline body?

Spider

Hi there. I'm just considering my next build - already built a Tele and a Strat, now I'm looking to build a Thinline. I'm looking for a really light (stupidly light) body - what is the lightest Thinline body anyone's come across? There's one in the Showcase at the moment at 2 lbs 10 oz in alder - but my chambered standard tele body was 3 lbs 2 oz, so not much different. Should I hang on and wait for a lighter one than 2 lbs 10 oz? Any thoughts/experience welcome!

I would probally go for that alder, or you might be waiting a while. Things generally don't get lighter than that, and that IS a half of a pound, which generally makes a large different to things that only way 2-4 pounds to begin with.

Yes, that body is very light and is seldom ever lighter. I would snatch it up. We just built a Thinline body for a rock star spec'd as light as we could get it and it wasn't even as light as that.

Thanks for your comments - just bought it and a q-sawn maple neck (total vintage) - can't wait to get going on it!

Back