LF: Wood Pickgaurd for Warmoth Tele Deluxe, Who makes em???

Animalboy71

I'm doing a 72 Tele deluxe build and I want to get a wooden pickgaurd made for it. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

As I understand it, Warmoth's Tele Deluxe pickgaurd is NOT an exact duplicate of the Fender one.

My build is: Swamp Ash Tele Deluxe body with a Rosewood Laminate Top AND Bottom. I'm thinking Curly Maple for the pickgaurd or maybe even Zebrawood.

Help!

It seems these guys do Tele Deluxe 'guards in fancy woods. Lotta other wooden pickguard makers out there, but the "Deluxe" part of your Tele eliminates most of them.

Just musing here, but it seems like a curly Maple, Zebrawood, or other distinctive pickguard might be a distraction from or even clash with the subtle beauty of a Rosewood-topped body.

Wow!! Those are some beautiful pickguards! Gilroy Guitars didn't come up on any of my various internet searches so thank you very much for the link.

As for the contrast of Rosewood with a Maple/Zebrawood guard, the Tele Deluxe has such a big pickguard (as I'm sure you know) I figure it should compliment the whole wooden look I'm going for. I like the idea of a dark wood with a lighter wood on top for a strong contrast.I just need to make sure the grains aren't clashing.

I'm also planning on getting some Cocobolo or Ebony knobs to go on the pickguard.

I bought a set of Lollar Regals about 10 months ago so this build has been on my mind for quite some time.

Back