Let me introduce.. My next guitar

ARCnet78

Hi All

My next guitar. :eek: My second full Warmoth build, my initial intention was to do one, but GAS attacked.

Metallic Ice Blue Tele body with the forearm contour, single white binding, 3 ply black-white-black pickguard and neck mini-humbucker route. Ordered October 6, received January 23.

All that I am missing now is a neck. I own 2 unfinished roasted maple necks that I have burnished and love how they feel in my hand so the shaft wood is chosen.

I am currently waffling on...
Painted headstock (requires finish on shaft, but I guess I could remove it on the back of the neck)​
Fretboard wood​
Canary​
Kingwood​
I would have liked Bloodwood but have been told it is no longer available​
I am looking for something fairly fine grained, not open like rosewood.

Thoughts, comments appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_6906.jpeg
    DSC_6906.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_6907.jpeg
    DSC_6907.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 39
If you ask for a Satin finish to get a painted gloss headstock, you will hardly notice the satin finish.

If you ask for a Satin finish to get a painted gloss headstock, you will hardly notice the satin finish.
Hi Stratmania, thanks for the suggestion. Prior to the roasted maple necks, I've only had gloss finished necks which I liked a lot less.

On Saturday I ordered:
Roasted maple shaft, Boatneck shape​
Kingwood fret board, unique choice​
Gloss pegface, to match the body​
White binding, also to match body.​
Satin nitro shaft.​

Hi Stratmania, thanks for the suggestion. Prior to the roasted maple necks, I've only had gloss finished necks which I liked a lot less.

On Saturday I ordered:
Roasted maple shaft, Boatneck shape​
Kingwood fret board, unique choice​
Gloss pegface, to match the body​
White binding, also to match body.​
Satin nitro shaft.​

Cool, look forward to seeing it and the build.

Love bloodwood, but it’s difficult to work and glue. Ebony would be close.

I love Warmoth's quality control folks.

When I initially speced the neck for this build I did not chose binding and had chosen white side dots. I later went back and added white binding and did not change the side dots.

Last evening I opened my email to find an email asking if I really wanted white side dots on a white binding and that my order was on hold until I replied.

Yes, my attention to detail is sometimes lacking, I am so glad that Warmoth QC is not!

Last edited:
I love Warmoth's quality control folks.

When I initially speced the neck for this build I did not chose binding and had chosen white side dots. I later went back and added white binding and did not change the side dots.

Last evening I opened my email to find an email asking if I really wanted white side dots on a white binding and that my order was on hold until I replied.

Yes, my attention to detail is sometimes lacking, I am so glad that Warmoth QC is not!
Yep, they're pretty great to deal with.

I have seen a few posts about folks having trouble fishing pickup leads through the drilled holes between pickup and control routes. When I did the mock-up (above), I experienced the same issue trying to push the lead through and I do not have any abrasives that I could pull through the hole to open it up.

Having recently changed strings on another guitar, the old set was still in my wastebasket. Using one of these discarded strings, I wound the pickup lead ends through the ball end and used it to pull the pickup leads through.

Last edited:
I ordered an electrosocket jack, which unfortunately stands proud of the body, not what I am imagining.

Attachments

• jack_plate1.jpeg
    jack_plate1.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 45
Neck Shipped Friday. Ordered late January, a problem was found in QC and had to re-select unique choice fretboad, been anxiously waiting. Getting excited to finish this build and play.

Telecaster® Replacement Guitar NeckConstruction Gibson® Scale Conversion
Shaft Wood Roasted Maple
Fretboard Wood Kingwood
Unique Choice Yes, show me some fretboards (additional cost).
Unique Choice Fretboards GFB-2380 (Kingwood)
Nut Width 1-11/16" (43mm) - Modern Medium
Right / Left Handed Right-Handed
Neck Back Profile Boatneck
Fretboard Radius 10" - 16" Compound
Number of Frets 22
Scallops None
Binding White Binding
Fret Size & Material SS6100 - Jumbo (Stainless)
Tuner Hole Size Planet Waves (13/32")
Inlay Shape Premium Dots
Inlay Material Azurite Malachite
Side Dots Black Side Dots
String Nut Earvana Nut - GraphTech White TUSQ XL
Mounting Holes Standard 4-Bolt
Neck Heel Shape Tele® Shape
Finish Clear Satin Nitro (Maple/Non-Maple)

Plus off menu **GLOSS ICE BLUE METALLIC PEGFACE**

Last edited:
Received my neck Friday, busy weekend, pictures soon.

@stratamania, you were bang on about satin nitro, how close it is to bare roasted maple. Many thanks for your suggestion.

Super happy with it, a big thanks to everyone at Warmoth involved in creating it for me.

Last edited:
Back