Leftovers Strat

jackthehack

Epic Member
I was looking for something I couldn't find, and wound up realizing I had another top-route Strat if I ordered a body, so I picked up the one below and proceeded to put it together..

Body - Warmoth Strat with "Special Finish" on the Fire Sale page, Flame Maple on Alder, all black hardware with matching anodized gold pickguard and tremolo cover

Neck - This is a MusicKraft neck I picked up a long time ago because I never saw "reptilian" graining in a Kingwood fretboard (see pic at bottom for detail), but it didn't work on the build I originally bought it for and sat around a year; Kingwood on 5A Flame Maple, 6105 frets, 9.5" radius, MOP dots, black Sperzel locking tuners

Electronics - "Holy Grail" Strat setup, Rio Grande Vintage Tallboy in neck, Rio Grande Half Breed in middle, SD JBJr in bridge. 5-way switch is wired normally, extra toggle flips JBJr into Parallel/Split/Series modes; all 250K pots and .050 NOS ceramic cap.

PCfront.jpg

PCback.jpg

PCbody.jpg

PChead.jpg

PCfb.jpg

Now that's one of the better spare-parts-o-casters I've seen.  Very interesting pieces.  :icon_thumright:

Your "Parts-Caster" makes my number one Strat embarrassed.  :binkybaby:

Seriously, the laser cut logo is fantastic.  I'm going to have to find out if ognolman ever had any work done at that trophy shop near me.  That fretboard is very cool, even for an inferior neck.  Nice work.

Love the strat Jack !  So is the blackheart 15w head as good as the reviews I've read ? I have the epi valve jr stack and was thinking of building a trinity amp, but the price on the BH15 seems a bit unbeatable.

Paul.

vanhagar said:
Love the strat Jack !  So is the blackheart 15w head as good as the reviews I've read ? I have the epi valve jr stack and was thinking of building a trinity amp, but the price on the BH15 seems a bit unbeatable.

Paul.

See my review at http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3758.15

With the ECC83/GT-EL84-S tube upgrade you've basically have a superior version of the Marshall 2061x at 18% of the cost...

Great Guitar Jack.

What was special about the "Special Finish"?

That Kingwood is lovely by the way!

jimh said:
Great Guitar Jack.

What was special about the "Special Finish"?

That Kingwood is lovely by the way!

the color's actually a bit more greenish than it turned out in those pictures, that's how it was labeled on the website

Hello!
Very nice Strat there, Jack.

Read about your Blackheart amp.
Class-A tube-amp, not surprised it has a lot of power.
Now you got me going, about $ 430 here in Norway.

(to us here in Norway, if any are interrested- hope link will work)
http://www.benum.no/Shop/product/6481675.aspx

Ivar

Typical. A "leftovers" strat that I would prefer to anything in the fender catalogue.

Jack have you any pics of ALL of your guitars.

Soloshchenko said:
Typical. A "leftovers" strat that I would prefer to anything in the fender catalogue.

Jack have you any pics of ALL of your guitars.

Kinda hard to get them all in one picture... I don't have a wide angle lens wider than a 24mm

Back