Left handed products

well... I mean, I understand your guys' points (I'm left handed as well, but play righty... more ambidextrious I suppose...) and it IS true, they could carry just a sample of them. but I dunno... from what Gregg has said, they just go by experience of sales.  :sad1:

Any business that would deliberately stock slow selling or limited market items beyond a minimum level wouldn't stay viable. Believe me, I would love to see more lefty product in the showcase but I realise it just isn't going to happen. I've been a lefty player for 40+ years and I can safely say that it's a lot easier now than it used to be to get left handed instruments. It's still not good, just better than it was. I'm pretty happy with Warmoths attitude to left handers, check out most parts suppliers and you won't find anywhere near the choices of woods, routing options, laminates etc. that W supply left and right handed. Hey it's not a perfect world for anybody, left or right handed so I'll just be thankful for small mercies and custom order what I want. :headbang:

We al need to stop accepting this "lefty guitars don't sell" crap.  How many of us chimed in on this topic......  We just have to keep up on harassing Warmoth.  Then when they DO finally put another Lefty body up, somebody better buy it.........

If they had a lefty SG in the showcase, I know it wouldn't be there long, it would be on it's way to my shop!!!!!  Same thing with a thinline Tele and a LPS.

Oh well I guess we are screwed.........

The solution is simple, gentlemen:

Elimination of all right-handed products across the board.

Then the introduction and proliferation of left-handed products; including left-handed forks, screwdrivers and tennis rackets.

*insert evil laugh here*

Pretty soon you freaks will want left handed cars and left handed pianos and left handed butt plugs. Why don't you march on Washington (state) ya bunch of leftists. :laughing7:

btw - I'm partially left handed, but I play right handed. Makes more sense to to have your good hand on the fret board. But some lefties can't seem to figure that out.  :sign13:  So really most right handed people are wrong too. I'm one of the few people actually doing it right! hahaha :icon_tongue: Warmoth should be making mostly backward guitars.

Superlizard said:
The solution is simple, gentlemen:

Elimination of all right-handed products across the board.

Then the introduction and proliferation of left-handed products; including left-handed forks, screwdrivers and tennis rackets.

*insert evil laugh here*

Don't forget left handed cigarettes!!!

GoDrex said:
Pretty soon you freaks will want left handed cars and left handed pianos and left handed butt plugs. Why don't you march on Washington (state) ya bunch of leftists. :laughing7:

I always thought of European cars as left handed, so we have those, I never thought of a left handed piano, what about a left handed typewriter?  Don't know about lefty butt plugs, I'm sure someone makes them, but I bet you gotta wait 6 weeks and custom order it!!!!

GoDrex said:
btw - I'm partially left handed, but I play right handed. Makes more sense to to have your good hand on the fret board. But some lefties can't seem to figure that out.  :sign13:  So really most right handed people are wrong too. I'm one of the few people actually doing it right! hahaha :icon_tongue: Warmoth should be making mostly backward guitars.

I do other stuff the 'right' way,  scissors for one.  There is such a thing as left handed scissors (or so I always thought) they used to have these green handled scissors in elementary school, and they told us they were for us.  But they couldn't cut shit, left or right handed, so I use my right hand for scissors.  I also shoot right handed.  They make left handed rifles and whatnot, the action is on the other side, but when I first started shooting and hunting, my old man made me do it the 'right' way, so I could shoot what he had, and it stuck.  I mean I wish I could play right handed honestly.  It would make the process so much easier, really.  Got some guitar resentment cause I ride the musical short bus.  But at least I can play, so I can go out and achieve in the face of all my instrumental adversity....

theklanch said:
See that right there is te problem........  I understand that MOST people right handed, but the ratio of lefties to righties is one in six. 

The numbers have changed.  It used to be 1 in 10.  I would guess the guitarist ratio would be smaller because a lot of lefties play righty.  But this really isn't a lefty issue, it's a "not finding what I want" in the showcase issue or a "why doesn't Warmoth read my mind" issue.  I've done one Warmoth build and ordered a second not too long ago.  After scouring the showcase, I opted for a from scratch build both times, and I'm a righty.  The showcase is a pot luck crap shoot that may or may not have what you want, and all it really seems to satisfy is the nature to settle for lack of patience or twist an arm for GAS or an unnecessary project.  More and more, the showcase has become the punching bag for people's wants of their custom orders.  Good news, they still do that. 

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
theklanch said:
See that right there is te problem........  I understand that MOST people right handed, but the ratio of lefties to righties is one in six. 

The numbers have changed.  It used to be 1 in 10.  I would guess the guitarist ratio would be smaller because a lot of lefties play righty.  But this really isn't a lefty issue, it's a "not finding what I want" in the showcase issue or a "why doesn't Warmoth read my mind" issue.  I've done one Warmoth build and ordered a second not too long ago.  After scouring the showcase, I opted for a from scratch build both times, and I'm a righty.  The showcase is a pot luck crap shoot that may or may not have what you want, and all it really seems to satisfy is the nature to settle for lack of patience or twist an arm for GAS or an unnecessary project.  More and more, the showcase has become the punching bag for people's wants of their custom orders.  Good news, they still do that. 

totally agree - I seriously doubt I'll ever get anything from the showcase. It never seems to have what I really want, and for me the point of custom is to get exactly (or as close as I can) what I want.

arriving a little late on this one - sorry

a significant amount of my business is with the lefty market. granted I focus on basses, so this doesn't help the thin stringers. case and point, here's my current bass build that's about to hit the market ... definitely not your GC low-end MIM Squire

RGW-LeftyJ4-VRB09402JL.jpg

somebody's gotta start the revolution, right?!!

all the best,

R

SkuttleFunk said:
arriving a little late on this one - sorry

a significant amount of my business is with the lefty market. granted I focus on basses, so this doesn't help the thin stringers. case and point, here's my current bass build that's about to hit the market ... definitely not your GC low-end MIM Squire

RGW-LeftyJ4-VRB09402JL.jpg

somebody's gotta start the revolution, right?!!

all the best,

R

I am really glad to see you take care of us  SkuttleFunk..........

BTW, thats a really gorgeous bass skuttlefunk.  :headbang: I love it. except I can't play it...  :sad:

Back