La Baronne (baritone telecaster)

VostreRoy

Here is my baritone Telecaster. The body was found on eBay, the neck comes from Warmoth. I wanted a classy yet brutal guitar, and this one deliver hard. Can't say how much I love the neck, probably my favorite so far. I have tons of idea for a next build now

- Telecaster®, Baritone 28 5/8"
- Right Handed Handed
- Maple Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- 1 11/16" Nut Width
- Standard thin
- GD6150 (Gold Color) Frets
- Vintage Style (11/32") Tuner Ream
- 10-16" Compound Radius
- No inlays, side dots only
- GraphTech Black TUSQ XL
- No Finish

Hardware:

- Gotoh Vintage Tuners
- Electrosocket with Switchcraft Jack
- Round Top Knob
- 250K Pot by CTS
- 250K Push/Pull Pots by Alpha
- Schaller Strap Locks
- Dimarzio DP318 Super Distortion Bridge Pick-up
- Seymour Duncan STR-3 "Quarter-Pound" Neck Pick-up
- Standard Black Pickguard with Burnt Gold Pinstripes

Body:

- Ash Solid Body, Telecaster®
- Made in Quebec

Here is a shot right after I've put everything together

p1000207jm.jpg

Here she is in the canadian winter with her brand new bridge pickup

p1000484m.jpg

p1000485d.jpg

p1000487z.jpg

Cheers!

That's a beautiful instrument! Kinda like a fashion model version of the Tele... tall, thin, sleek, shiny, tastefully adorned...

Cagey said:
That's a beautiful instrument! Kinda like a fashion model version of the Tele... tall, thin, sleek, shiny, tastefully adorned...
Actually, I called her "La Baronne" (The Baroness) because she's classy, shiny, full of gold and yet weight a ton and an half... wich is how I imagine a baroness  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks all for the comments!  :eek:ccasion14:

DustyCat said:
how is the clarity of the notes in the lower register plugged in?

Given the wood is pretty bright and its a baritone scaled guitar, the clarity is by far her biggest strenght. I chose the Super Distortion pickup because it was the muddier looking single-coil sized humbucker on Dimarzio's website and even with it, every notes pierce through.

Unplugged, tone wise, my 006 Elite is just ahead from the Tele. Plugged, I'd say I prefer the Tele

After more than 30 years of playing guitar, I suddenly have this huge urge to try a baritone. What's it like, compared to a regular scale/tuning?

Beautiful tele, BTW

ShredEd said:
Thats one classy tele

Thanks mate  :eek:ccasion14:

6stringer said:
After more than 30 years of playing guitar, I suddenly have this huge urge to try a baritone. What's it like, compared to a regular scale/tuning?

It plays like a guitar, picking wise, and the difference ain't much noticeable when playing sit, beside obviously a couple of chords in the first frets wich gives a great exercise in stretching, sometime. I find the difference to be much more noticeable when playing standing-up, the longer neck gives my tele a bass feel to it. Tone wise, after owning two different baritone, I'd say that it give a unique kind of sound, like it has its own kind of twang (my other baritone is an Hagstrom Viking Baritone).

This picture I believe gives the best visual idea of the scale difference, both being Warmoth tele, the right one being regular scale

1779318_10153891281280096_1236309283_n.jpg

6stringer said:
Beautiful tele, BTW

Thanks man!

Beautiful baritone!!  The last picture is the only one I was able to see - the others were way too big.  :kewlpics: :rock-on: 

That is one of the classiest baritones I've ever seen!
I have to agree about the more noticeable twang.  This is where I think that the baritones excel over standard Tele's or A440 tune single coil equipped guitars.
I think the lower tuning, higher tension coupled with a great single coil give the twang so much bite without it sounding harsh, and the low end remains tight and controllable.

Another Gold Basher...

Gold Hardware is a lot like pink. It doesn't work everywhere, but it does work predictably in a certain set of combinations.

swarfrat said:
Another Gold Basher...

Gold Hardware is a lot like pink. It doesn't work everywhere, but it does work predictably in a certain set of combinations.

Perhaps. I like the black Tele featured here. However, I don't like a black Les Paul Custom with gold. It looks gaudy to me. Not really bashing, just giving my opinion (which my wife will tell you, is about worthless!).

Back