L5S carved top

nathan a

Out of all the little options and things I'd like to see available, this is the top. I would drool over an L5S carve top.

nathan a said:
Out of all the little options and things I'd like to see available, this is the top. I would drool over an L5S carve top.

+1 that......big time :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

My lefty flat top is starting to come together nicely. I am coaxing a finish out of it at the moment and I might start putting it together in a week or so.

I think he's saying L5s thick carved top like a LP thick carved top.  That is, as opposed to, a thin 335 type top that was discussed here a while ago.

The thing is - L5s guitars are flat top instruments.  They were solid body (not hollow).

A nice semi matching wooden rear cover would be nice though.  That was part of the L5s charm.

-CB- said:
I think he's saying L5s thick carved top like a LP thick carved top.  That is, as opposed to, a thin 335 type top that was discussed here a while ago.

The thing is - L5s guitars are flat top instruments.  They were solid body (not hollow).

A nice semi matching wooden rear cover would be nice though.  That was part of the L5s charm.

As long as I could get it hollow (not true hollow, but the way warmoth does it, I'd be happy. The thing is, I know the original L5s guitars were flat topped, but wouldn't it just be COOL to get some sort of a carved top thing going?

nathan a said:

+1

I think it's great that warmoth does the L5s as it never became very common or popular, but I love it. A carved top version would be fantastic.

I like hearing so many people into the idea, though sadly, I don't ever actually expect this to be an option. But a man can dream  :toothy10:

Kinksi said:
+1
:icon_thumright: :sign13: :icon_thumright:

You have a habit for bringing back these old threads don't you. 

On subject I agree I'd like to see a carved top L5s in the future.

Back