L5S Audio Samples?

Kinksi

I notice now that a number of people on the forum have built the hollow L5S.

Any chance any of you guys could post some audio? It would be great to hear some good examples of clean tones and perhaps some mild OD.

I'm planning another build, and the hollow L5S (with f-holes) is at the top of my list. But it would be nice to get an idea of what these would sound like. The only guitar that I know of that seems close to this in construction is the Gibson CS-336 or CS-356. If the L5S came even close to the sound of these guitars, I would be very happy.

I don't like Gibson's prices and after hearing so many negative reviews, I don't really have much faith in their build quality at this point either.

So, any audio out there?!?  :toothy10: :toothy12:

If you really like those gibsons, just get similar pickups to what they have and put em in an L5S. The wood and construction does matter, but the pickups will color that tone to make it very similar to what you like. L5S construction is already really similar, but if you wanted to be really safe, you can do some homework to find out what woods are used in the gibsons and then use those woods in the warmoth build, but this is not something I would worry too much about.

Yeah, i got the woods down and all of that. I'm still just curious to what they sound like coming from the warmoth body with the flat top and rear routing.

oh and audio samples are the most unreliable idea I've ever heard of, because too many variables (wood types, amps, pedals, effects, cables, power supply, recording program, microphone, signal chain, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.....) go into the recording process to be able to determine which pickups are good and which pickups are crap.

Back