Kuro's Non-Warmoth PVX kit

Holy moly, that's nice.  My wife was just looking over my shoulder and exclaiming over how lovely that guitar is.  Bravo.

Bagman

That is a fantastic piece of work! I'm envious of your talent. Anybody can bolt up a bunch of parts, but you've created a working work of art. Kudos to you!

I'm curious - forgive me if you've already said and I don't remember - but what are those pickups?

It's buried among the awesome photos and accordingly real easy to miss, but they're Bare Knuckle Aftermaths.

Thanks.

One of these days, I've probably got to try some of their product, if for no other reason than to say I did. I have a hard time getting past the price, though. I don't mind paying for things, but those guys just seem usurious. Them and Kinman. I mean, what the hell? What are they made out of, some kind of Pandorian Unobtanium?

You may want to check out Motor City Guitar out in Waterford, they stock bareknuckle pickups. I'm not sure of the pice but I'm sure they're decent.

As for the guitar, great work as always!! The aftermaths are awesome pickups!!!

pjs said:
A real stunner. What hardware did you use, like the hybrid look.

Thank you! The TOM is just a nickel one from Stewmac. But I ordered extra Gold studs for the bridge and tailpiece. Also gold saddle screws and graphtech saddles. A nickel 3way toggle but ordered an extra gold nut for the top. Graphtech black tusq nut. A clear PRS lampshade knob. Hipshot griplock tuners. Made an ebony truss cover and rosewood control covers. Flamed maple pickup rings and gold screws to mount it all. Nickel strap locks. The Aftermaths are brushed nickel with gold bolts.

That build is absolutely beautiful! I'm especially liking the humucker rings too! Custom all the way round! How does it sound?

Perry Combover said:
Whole-E-Cau!!!!
Your comment reminded me of a commercial...Cracks me up every time... :laughing11:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zebvFBNZ3Mg

K U..Awesome guitar... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
Perry Combover said:
Whole-E-Cau!!!!
Your comment reminded me of a commercial...Cracks me up every time... :laughing11:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zebvFBNZ3Mg

K U..Awesome guitar... :icon_thumright:

Yea, that commercial gives me a laugh also.
It's so simple, but for some reason it always hits my funnybone.  Dagnabbit...

Kuro Uma said:
My wife hates that I love that commercial. It's so simply hilarious.
Mine too, she thinks I'm an idiot because I find humor in it as well as other commercials... :toothy12:

DangerousR6 said:
Kuro Uma said:
Mine too, she thinks I'm an idiot because I find humor in it as well as other commercials... :toothy12:

I'm glad I'm in good company.  Granted, some of those GEICO commercials are real sleepers, but the one with Dikembe Mutombo gets funnier everytime I see it.  My wife just rolls her eyes.

Perry Combover said:
DangerousR6 said:
Kuro Uma said:

I'm glad I'm in good company.  Granted, some of those GEICO commercials are real sleepers, but the one with Dikembe Mutombo gets funnier everytime I see it.  My wife just rolls her eyes.

This is the other GEICO commercial that literally makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. 
It is an older one and I had not watched in in awhile, but I watched it this morning and it still keeps me laughing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx31Fplmt7M
:laughing7:                             

Black Dog said:
Perry Combover said:
DangerousR6 said:
Kuro Uma said:

This is the other GEICO commercial that literally makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. 
It is an older one and I had not watched in in awhile, but I watched it this morning and it still keeps me laughing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx31Fplmt7M
:laughing7:                           
That was a good one, R. Lee Ermy's a bad ass.. :icon_thumright:

...a-HEM!! Back to the guitar: Another jaw-dropper, Kuro--I don't think the english language, or perhaps words of any sort, can truly do justice to some works of visual magic, and that guitar is surely one of those works...Lovely stuff, indeed!

Back