korina / ziricote / padouk soloist just out of the box

lucB18e

:blob7:
Just received my new kit. I Love the woods :  :headbang1:   Thanks to the warmoth team......
These are compressed pics so it's way better when you are in front of her.
IMG_0021low.jpg

neck : padouk and a GREAT (well it's my opinion....) ziricote board

My first plan was to paint the body in a solid orange with a spray of gold pearls on top (paintwithpearls.com) like you can see in car tuning. A sort of metallic orange.
But when i'vs seen the body, I tought it was sad to put a solid color on it...
Plan B: same idea but let the dark body stripes unpainted. photoshop simulation verdict : it sucks.
So the finish will be tung oil. It might looks like this :
mg2.jpg

Electronic, if someone is interested, will be :  a BARDEN HB, 2 BARDEN single
a 3 pos PU switch near the HB, a volume and a 'neck PU mode' switch : the middle and neck singles are the neck PU (middle and neck in serie, very HB sound, midlle in // with the main 3 pos switch, middle off)
I'll use either a 3 pos or a megaswitch perhaps if I found 2 useful extra positions
piezzo saddles and an hexpander graphtech preamp to get VG-8 / VG-99 posibilities (no control attached to keep it simple with the guitar controls)

Luc

cool figure in the neck as well as the body. tung oil will be sweet it feels so good .
good luck on the build

That looks great!!! would have been a shame to cover up with a solid color!

So, couldn't you make up your mind about the control routing when you ordered? :)

m4rk0 said:
That looks great!!! would have been a shame to cover up with a solid color!

So, couldn't you make up your mind about the control routing when you ordered? :)

Hi. the problem was the graphtech hexpander preamp board and the 13-pin output Warmoth don't sell. I have to see all the parts to know  where to put the  2 outputs....
well the control routing itself is going to be 3 holes, the easy part.

After the first coat of tung oil last night , it's getting cool  :icon_biggrin:

Alfang said:
looks like your big toe is as long as your "index" toe   
nice korina too

The foots were unexpected.... I have to buy new 'home shoes' too..... :icon_biggrin:

That's a really nice looking guitar man. I'm a big fan of the Soloist shape, got one myself (few shots are in the gallery). Haven't played it in 3 weeks cos it's at the tech's place being tweaked, but it's an awesome instrument, and by the looks of things, yours is going to be too. Good luck with the build. Si

You know it never ceases to amaze me how much Blk Korina changes its apearance when finnished, most woods take on a more glossy refined appearance, Black Korina just looks awesome and totally different from bare wood, I see all the grains and what-not in the before and after pics, But the after is so damn good looking.  I just gotta have a black korina body, and it's gotta happen soon. I've got my eye on a couple in the showcase that I think would really look good in my living room. 

LucB  I like the ziricote FB too, get some good pickups in that thing and let us know how it sounds

Back