Korina / black Limba - Please offer as neck shaftwood - also white korina?

macrossgeorge

I am new to this forum, just joined yesterday so apologies if I am not using this correctly but I think I am posting in the suggestions to Warmoth.

Warmoth, please offer black limba as a neck shaftwood. I have a Warmoth black limba body and it is amazing. Would love to be able to have a black limba neck to go with it.

Warmoth, please offer white limba bodies and neck shaft wood too if possible. I see some white korina bodies popping up on the in stock section from time to time but would love to be able to custom order one to my specs. Also neck shaftwood as well would be great.

I got a black limba body from Warmoth and it has the best tone, even better than my mahogany body Warmoth that I also still love. The midrange content and clarity that cuts through from korina has made it my favorite tonewood.

Most of that was common on through Warmoth back in the '90s-'00s when exotic wood at reasonable prices was more plentiful. The reason you only see certain things only in the Showcase these days is because Warmoth only get so many usable blanks, not enough to offer custom. You have to have a steady, reliable supply to offer something as a standard option. Talking to other luthiers, it's really had to get White Limba (Korina) body blanks at a reasonable weight for guitar, most find 1 in 5 or more satisfactory.

Send the customer service guys an email with all the specs of the neck you're looking for. I've seen Black Korina ones somewhat recently.

Send the customer service guys an email with all the specs of the neck you're looking for. I've seen Black Korina ones somewhat recently.
Unfortunately they said no. "I wish I had better news, but I’m afraid this is not something we offer."

Weird, I just recently saw this picture on the Warmoth Guitars Facebook group... :unsure:

w3fFJNa.jpg

Back