King V project w/ pics.....

Visago

What's up guys......new here and this is my first post. Figured what better way to start it off then with some pics of my current project. I chose the King V body w/ bevels made of Alder with a single hum route, recessed Floyd Rose, and one volume knob to keep it simple. 24-fret neck is maple with an ebony fretboard and shark fin inlays and a reverse headstock. I put the entire guitar together as sort of a mock-up so I could get all the holes drilled and now I am about to take it back apart to apply the finish to the body. I had Warmoth apply the black finish to the neck so it would save me the trouble. I'm thinking about finishing the body with Tung-Oil because I love the look of natural wood. This is my first Warmoth project and I have to say that I was blown away by the quality of the parts and the fact that I did some very basic setup when I put the guitar together for the mock-up and it plays suprisingly well. Can't wait to get the body finished and get it all put back together with a decent setup. I can see that this is going to give my other production guitars a run for their money as far as playability goes. Anyway.......here's some pics:

108_0890.jpg

108_0889.jpg

108_0888.jpg

108_0887.jpg

108_0886.jpg

Nice looking project, it should kill once it's finished.  :rock-on:

BTW, which EMG is that you dropped into it?

Rose

Looks like an 81 by the color of the lettering but its hard to tell from the pics. King Vs are kickass man. Is the neck 25.5 scale or gibson scale?

dudesweet157 said:
Nice looking project, it should kill once it's finished.  :rock-on:

BTW, which EMG is that you dropped into it?

Rose

It is an EMG 81. Guitar will be downtuned to drop C so I need the low end to stay nice and tight.  :headbang:

CD said:
Looks like an 81 by the color of the lettering but its hard to tell from the pics. King Vs are kickass man. Is the neck 25.5 scale or gibson scale?

It's a Warmoth Pro so it's a 25.5" scale. These damn things are gonna get me in trouble I can see it now. I already have ideas for more guitars. 

There looks a pretty cool Van Halen model lurking behind the amp.

Great looking V that. Tung Oil is the way: Rock guitars with natural finish never look dated IMO.

Soloshchenko said:
There looks a pretty cool Van Halen model lurking behind the amp.

Great looking V that. Tung Oil is the way: Rock guitars with natural finish never look dated IMO.

Yeah, that's an old Kramer Focus 1000 that I did the EVH stripe job on. The frets are beat on it though so I have to get it refretted...or maybe just buy a Warmoth hockey stick neck.  :toothy10:

jackthehack said:
Or you could do it black and white to match the shoes....

LOL! Yeah all that stuff is in my office so it has become a guitar/computer/kids toy area. We have all kinds of stuff laying around in that room. All's I have to do though is crank up the 6505 half-stack and everyone vacates.  :glasses10:

nathan a said:
I like the combination of heavy metal guitar and children's toys.

Hehehe...yeah we have a little one so we have run out of room for his toys. I keep telling my wife we just need to make that strictly a guitar room but she's not going for it.  :sad:

Visago said:
Hehehe...yeah we have a little one so we have run out of room for his toys. I keep telling my wife we just need to make that strictly a guitar room but she's not going for it.  :sad:

The Man Cave!

I've got two kids with crap everywhere, so I'll save any comment on that.  I do want to say that if your gonna do a 24 fret neck, what better body than a V to put it on, can anyone say "all access"?  And as far as the comparison to the production models, I'd venture to guess that V is gonna kick all their asses!  Anyway, nice build, man, and a nice way to introduce yourself to the board!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.....I'll definately post some pics once this axe is finished. And I'm sure this won't be my last one.

Back