Keith Richard Telecaster ~Micawber~ (not quite, inspired by)

Mor Paul

Epic Member
So, few weeks ago I purchased a maple telecaster neck
VMT1442a.jpg

VMT1442b.jpg

And a swamp ash telecaster body (requested with humbucker neck route)
T1207a.jpg

T1207b.jpg

Off of the showcase.

2 days ago, I got an email from Spike at Warmoth saying a defect was found while inspecting my neck.
Picture%20015.jpg

I was, of course, devastated. (pretend, for now, that the neck has cancer. Even if you can't see the streak, pretend) This was the only neck like it (maple telecaster with standard thin contour), and it was plagued.

I came to my senses and decided to continue with my adoption of the now-mutant baby.

~end prolouge~

~6/27~

That/this night, I decided to go ahead with the second step
(I've got to take small steps. Small income. 15 years old:p)
I just bought some clear grain filler, sanding sealer, fender neck amber reranch paint, and butterscotch blonde reranch paint.

So now I wait.

In the meantime, I'm gonna try to get some more money so that I can buy the clearcoats.

~Stuff to get~
chrome neck screws [$2.60]
chrome neck plate [$4.50]Slash that. Thanks, Doug!
Gotoh Vintage style tuners [$28.00]Thanks, Nathan A!
*EDIT*Fender Vintage telecaster bridge plate [$8.99]
*EDIT*Fender Vintage Telecaster bridge saddles [$19.99]
chrome ferrules [$6.96]
black pickguard [$25.00]
chrome pickguard screws [$3.00]
Schaller chrome strap locks [$12.00]
chrome control plate [$10.00]
(bridge) Vintage '54 SD tele bridge (ebay) [$58.00]
(neck) Bridge '59 SD Humbucker (covered, nickel) (ebay) [90.00]
Stew-mac wiring kit [$24.14]
Tele input cup [$4.00]
2 chrome, flat top tele knobs [$3.25 each]
chrome string retainer [$2.30]
Total cost: $294 (without shipping)

If anyone has any of these things and wants to sell them, just send me a message
also, if anyone knows where to get these at a cheaper price, please post here :icon_thumright:

Looks like a streak or a fracture running from left section right across the upper portion of the marker dot.......I can just barely make it out..... :dontknow:

Sounds like it'll kick ass when it's done.  You can probably save some money by buying parts and not a wiring kit.

As long as it's not structural (and it doesn't appear so) - it's not 'cancer'......it's 'character'. Good fortune to you  :guitaristgif:

(bridge) Vintage '54 SD tele bridge (ebay) [$58.00]
(neck) Bridge '59 SD Humbucker (covered, nickel) (ebay) [90.00]

????

BRAND NEW pickups from Warmoth would be $62.25 for the SD '54 tele bridge and $78.00 for the SD '59 bridge, or $7.75 cheaper than screwing around with eBay; plus shipping would be covered; why on earth would you screw around getting the pickups on eBay????

The 59 nickel covered bridge is $97.50
http://www.warmoth.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_71_112&products_id=27068

So, last week, when I was gone, I got my nitro paint, sand and sealer, and grain filler :D

I also got an email saying my guitar will arrive Friday :D

I was having camera problems. Dead batteries and the pics wouldn't load. I even posed the paint and all with my cat!
100_1304small.jpg

cat.jpg

He might be a fender neck amber cat, since I'll probably use less of it.

So, I have tuners covered. Other than that, I'd still love to know what other spare pieces are laying around your houses!

Max (the artist formerly known as Mor Paul) said:
He might be a fender neck amber cat, since I'll probably use less of it.

So, I have tuners covered. Other than that, I'd still love to know what other spare pieces are laying around your houses!
:laughing11:.....Me I just have a bunch of useless junk, stuff I wouldn't pawn off on anyone. But I do have lots of shinny new neckplates.... What flavor hardware you using?  :headbang1:

Yeah, I've looked at your neckplates :icon_thumright:

I do need a neckplate, but just can't quite afford the $30 for one of yours yet. I've got some ideas, though.  :icon_jokercolor:

What kind of useless junk do you have?

Max (the artist formerly known as Mor Paul) said:
Yeah, I've looked at your neckplates :icon_thumright:

I do need a neckplate, but just can't quite afford the $30 for one of yours yet. I've got some ideas, though.  :icon_jokercolor:

What kind of useless junk do you have?
Well it's not all useless, I do have the neck from my strat-o-coustic, and old Arbor brand neck(explorer style), some cavity route covers, and old jack plate. just junk really. No spare pups or anything like that......

What color hardware you using, i have some Warmoth "W" plates in chrome lying around if you want one you can have....

Back