Just wonderin' what happens when no one buys 'em.

jalbertochavez

Does anyone know what Warmoth does with bodies or necks after they've been on the showcase for a while and no one has bought them? Do they just keep 'em up til they're bought or does something else happen if they just aren't sold? There's 1 SG body in the showcase that's been up for a long time that I would've jumped on if it wasn't routed for a trem. It almost makes me want to break my No Trem Rule, but...almost doesn't get me clickin' on Buy Now. But anyway, that body just gets me wonderin' what happens to 'em. If anyone knows, let me know what up.

:rock-on:

..... for non performing bodies and necks... its.. TO THE TOOTHBICK FACTORY !!!! (brwaahahhahhhaahhhaahhhaah)

dudesweet157 said:
They get blown out at crazy prices like the VWs that just went out.

I don't think so, this shape was discontinued that's why the price reduction. The showcase bodies & necks are staying there forever. Watch the Jazzmaster bodies, same bodies for ages. Seven painted bodies: 6 are almost the same color and only alder or ash.

Kostas said:
dudesweet157 said:
They get blown out at crazy prices like the VWs that just went out.

I don't think so, this shape was discontinued that's why the price reduction.

I'm waiting for a VW carved top body and i'm in a strange mood.
Am i lucky because i made my order before they discontinued or i've lost the ticket for a better shape?  :tard:
No one from W tell about new shapes?  :icon_scratch:

ventolino said:
I'm waiting for a VW carved top body and i'm in a strange mood.
Am i lucky because i made my order before they discontinued or i've lost the ticket for a better shape?  :tard:
No one from W tell about new shapes?   :icon_scratch:

I don't think you have anything to worry. In all my orders I have the same promise: "... Since we will begin production of your order right away, we cannot accept any changes or additions."  So I'm sure the body you ordered is being made for you without any changes...:)

Kostas said:
I don't think you have anything to worry. In all my orders I have the same promise: "... Since we will begin production of your order right away, we cannot accept any changes or additions."  So I'm sure the body you ordered is being made for you without any changes...:)

I'm not worried about this, i'm sure i'll get what i ordered.  :icon_smile:
When i ordered VW body i liked that shape, and actually i love it, so i think i'm lucky because i did order before they discontinue this model.
On other hand i'm worried if W will lntroduce an upgrade of VW body (e.g. wolfgang shape or new fender EVH) that i will like more than actual shape  :tard:

If they discontinued the VW because of trademark reasons, what would be the likelihood they'd want to pay the licensing for an "updated" edition of the same model?

Well, Fender owns or will own the new one, and they didn't before.  Clearly Fender is Warmoth's bi#$%, so it won't be a problem.

maybe Fender will license Warmoth for the new Wolfgang! maybe the headstock too :)
IMG_6989.jpg

a sorry Spaulding rules

BTW, finally got to see the new Van Halen last weekend! they were fantastic!
Eddie played his new cream Wolfgang about 95% of the time, so he must really like it. I think the one shown at NAMM was his actual guitar!

I don't like the new one, but then I didn't like the old one that much either, in fact I haven't been all that impressed with anything from EVH since 1984.  Of course I am probably in the minority here...  :laughing7:

spauldingrules said:
Well, Fender owns or will own the new one, and they didn't before.  Clearly Fender is Warmoth's bi#$%, so it won't be a problem.
Gotta take issue with you there. Last time I checked, LP, LPS, L5, V, SG, etc. weren't Fender designs.   :icon_tongue:

never liked the wolfgang, the axis looks much better. the wolfgang is all lobsided and awkward looking.
now that the VW is gone i'm in the market for an axis EX, a japanese EVH for half the price. i'm sure that'd bring in some cash back in th e states but i won't sell it.

The VW is still available in the site, besides Mockinbird and Warlock that doesn't appear anymore in the website...  :dontknow:

Back