Just ordered my 6th Warmoth, but my 1st custom build !!

Klark

Just wanted to say that Spike and the rest at Warmoth are awesome!!  They originally told me what I wanted could not be done, but I practically cried like a little kid and they agreed to do it.  I don't want to say exactly what it is, because I'm almost 100% positive they'll never offer it as an option.  But anyway, I just wanted to say that Spike and the guys have made my first custom build a dream come true !!

You do realize every single reply is going to be asking what special thing they did, right?

So what did they did do for you?  :glasses9:

Yes! what did they do?

You cant come on hear saying that kind of thing without some insight...  :sad1:

Ok ok ok, but it's not really a big deal.  As you guys know, you cannot order a body with specific weight.  You can only specify 'Extra Light' or 'Extra Heavy'.  Well, the problem is, EL is considered under 4.0 pounds for a strat body, and EH is considered 4.0 pounds or heavier.  So, where's the middle of the road?  There isn't one.  The simply said if you do NOT specify EL or EH, then you could get ANYTHING.  UPS could drop off a 2.8 pound featherweight of a body, or a 5.4 pound beast.  Well IMO, that sucks because I'm building this guitar to be one that I keep forever, plus if you mix that with the fact that I have a nerve condition in both my back & shoulder, the weight needs to be between 4.0 and 4.8 pounds.  Spike told me no way, not possible, not gonna do it, we just can't, I'm sorry.  I was literally pouting when I got off the phone with him.  I called back and asked what my options were.  He said hold on, and then came to the phone a few minutes later with a Yes we can make it happen!!!  So after practically crying on the phone, begging him, and keeping him annoyed for long enough, I guess he got the big chiefs to see that searching the pile of blanks for a medium weight body is really no different than searching for one that's EL or EH.

See, not a big deal at all.  But for me, it's awesome awesome awesome to say the least !!

Back