just finished strat

peterpoynter

I just finished building a new strat using warmoth body and neck. Body is hollow mahogany with koa top. I finished it in Nitro. What a pain in the arse. Neck is rosewood with ebony fretboard. nitro'd the headstock left the rest unfinished. Lace sensor pups w/5 way switch and push/pull pot for neck bridge pups. First one I've built in 30 years. Getting hooked again. Gotta do something when I retire.
Here's an address to you tube playing for the first time through a little crate practice amp
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterpoynter

Wow that looks and sounds great! I'm trying to imagine it without a PG though ;)
Great ending of the clip! :)

Love. The neckplate nails it for me. That's, as my bud JT used to say, "Neato!".

Nice, it sounds great.

"Oh, ya recording?"  "Yup."  "Whoops."  :laughing7:

Awesome toon man ! and the guitar rocks ! I was going to post a sound clip, but I think I'll practice a little more first  :laughing7:

Xplorervoodoo said:
Oh man...

Here's the website for the neck. He will do ANY graphic you send him.
http://fsrcustomshop.ecrater.com

How did you get Luis Royo artwork on your neckplate???  I'd love to find out...

m4rk0 said:
Wow that looks and sounds great! I'm trying to imagine it without a PG though ;)
Great ending of the clip! :)

I'm working on a rear rout strat made from ONE piece of curly Koa I've been ratholing for about fifteen years.
Ken at the custom shop is awesome. He can do just about anything you want.

peterpoynter said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
Oh man...

Here's the website for the neck. He will do ANY graphic you send him.
http://fsrcustomshop.ecrater.com

How did you get Luis Royo artwork on your neckplate???  I'd love to find out...

Hey thanks for the link!  I did a little digging after, and I think I found a Canadian shop that can do that as well, I might go with that for my next build  :icon_thumright:

Great sounding axe too, enjoy!

peterpoynter said:
I'm working on a rear rout strat made from ONE piece of curly Koa I've been ratholing for about fifteen years.
Ken at the custom shop is awesome. He can do just about anything you want.

NOOOOOOOOOO!  :eek:

You'd better put landmines in your house when it arrive, if it HAS or NOT a pickguard...  :evil4:

If it doesn't have a pickguard: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA My preciousssssssssssssssssssss

If it has a pickguard: You would not like to discover what would happen to you in this case...
icon_evil.gif

peterpoynter:

i`m working on a similar project, mahogany body and koa top.
can you please describe how you finished the top?
how did you get the grain pop up so much?
did you apply sanding sealer first and the did the grain filling or what?
also, what colour was the filler (clear or not)?

thanks

Cute girl  :) Cute guitar too  :(  I will trade you my old Taylor acoustic for it  :icon_thumright:

Wow, this is just one of the very most beautiful guitars I've ever seen!! Hats off... amazing. Makes you wonder why there are still people buying guitars from the shops...

Back