Just came across this star caster listing....

pirate

I guess there is a squire starcaster!
I didn’t know about these 👍

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StarCASP--squier-contemporary-active-starcaster-surf-pearl?&mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=3331287909&product_id=StarCASP&campaigntype=shopping&campaign=aaShopping%2520-%2520Core%2520-%2520Guitars%2520-%2520Vendor&adgroup=Guitars%2520-%2520Electric%2520Guitars&placement=google&creative=332063179650&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInevInt775QIVC4iGCh1mMgLbEAQYAiABEgIfavD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Interesting. I wonder if they're dimensionally the same as the originals, and what they're doing about cases for them? If there's a Starcaster hardshell, I know a number of Mooncaster owners who could be happy about that. Finding a case for those things has always been a bit of a challenge.

They look awesome, but I don't know how I feel about a Starcaster with a non-trans/burst finish. Little bit too flat for my liking.

Mayfly said:
Heck - Id be happy with a gig bag!

Yeah, gig bags have come a long way. I mean, a LONG way. I recently took in a customer's pile of Strat parts and a Suhr-labeled gig bag, and it's a wonderful thing. Better than some of the so-called hardshell cases I've seen.

-VB- said:
Squier active humbuckers? Interesting.
Yeah that's pretty funny and odd. like where am i, the laff factory? Is somebody playing #xtreme doom-core metal on this quaint lookin hollow guitar? ACtually that sounds badass and I'm all for it the Blacked out one looks pretty dope.

it might have as much power as my Duncan Invader, which has almost as much power as my 4-wheeler. I drove that thing thru a fence and accidentally hit my neighbors above ground pool (the kind that's like a big balloon). the manufacturer won't even split the cost of the new pool with me even though Jessica (my 4 wheeler) won't start now and this wouldn't have happened in teh first place if not for the raw untameable power of a Kawasaki. I think my neighbor should just man up and get a regular pool, tho, cause who likes swimming in a big balloon?

Cagey said:
....If there's a Starcaster hardshell, I know a number of Mooncaster owners who could be happy about that....
I've already reserved my place in line for the roll out!
BroccoliRob said:
....I think my neighbor should just man up and get a regular pool...
Yeah, he should have had an in-ground pool, then you could have turned that 4-by into a submarine!  :icon_thumright:

BigSteve22 said:
Cagey said:
....If there's a Starcaster hardshell, I know a number of Mooncaster owners who could be happy about that....
I've already reserved my place in line for the roll out!
BroccoliRob said:
....I think my neighbor should just man up and get a regular pool...
Yeah, he should have had an in-ground pool, then you could have turned that 4-by into a submarine!  :icon_thumright:
Dude that'd be rad. I ordered the kawasaki periscope attachment but never thought of how i'd use it until now. i'll go halves on a lake

Interesting!

Does anyone know if the Mooncaster body dimensions are the same as the Starcaster?  I came across a Starcaster in GC and the upper register was not what I would call easy to access.  Is the Mooncaster the same way, or does it give ample upper register access?

I thought the Mooncaster was identical, but it may not be perfect. Warmoth would be in a better position to say how closely they reproduced the thing. It's difficult to tell from the pictures I was able to find, but if anything the Mooncaster might have slightly (1/2" or so?) more access to the higher frets.

Back