Just bought a sweet body

spauldingrules

Well, I've been away for awhile because a pipe burst and my entire house flooded while away - luckily all my guitars were wall mounted on an exterior wall and therefore were really the only unaffected items of any value in the house (although they are the only items of value I have, besides my laptop, but my wife wasn't so lucky.  I had no idea what oriental rugs were worth!).  Anyway, insurance is paying, so don't feel sorry for me - in fact, I will "make" money on the deal since I will cash out on a lot of the repairs I can do myself.

Anyway, I get back on Warmoth to see what's new - and I found a Fiesta Red Alder strat body for $160 (not a mistype, $160 and not $260)!!!!  So of course I bought it instantly, since my next guitar was going to be a fiesta red strat anyway.  Will look awesome next to my sonic blue mahog double fat strat.  Sonic Blue and Fiesta Red are my 2 fave fender colors (besides Sunburst tele...). I already have the Dimarzio Area 58s and 61 in another strat, which will go into this one, and now I can have some fun tricking out the old strat.  Got the vintage trem, neck plate, jack stuff, and screws.

Thanks Warmoth!  This really made me happy, and if it's like my other Warmoths, I will be VERY satisfied! 

Now I need a neck... and tuners... and pickups for the old strat...

Anyone like the KWS necks?  I was wondering if they played any differently than the strat necks.

They look nice, if it will be an non that traditional strat, with 3 singles and vintage look, I doubt that will match better than the 50's headstock

I'm putting a strat neck on the new one, but at some point I will have to get a new neck for the old strat (with 2 point trem bridge). 

Also, any pickguard color suggestions for the fiesta red?  I have a black one now, but I'm afraid that will be weird.

I love KWS necks, many don't , too bad , I do

You can't go wrong with alder

A $160.00 warmoth is still a warmoth, might as well be a $800.00 body , as it's probably just as good

post pics

Glad your back, man, you make me laugh.  Sorry about the pipes, even with insurance money, I'm sure it's still a hassle.  Sounds like you got the bargain of the year.  We look forward to seeing it progress!

> Also, any pickguard color suggestions for the fiesta red?

Tortoise. One of my favorite color combos.

THAT'S the one I was thinking about! Could not remember where it was.

Alfang said:
I love KWS necks, many don't , too bad , I do

You can't go wrong with alder

A $160.00 warmoth is still a warmoth, might as well be a $800.00 body , as it's probably just as good

post pics
I like KWS necks too, i think i might get one soon.

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?type=guitar&start=21&menuItem=10&itemNumber=MN976&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

Can't get any better with a banana headstock than this  :icon_thumright:
Although for our young friend from NSW I would say all rosewood straight forward!

Looking at that neck, I guess the question comes up: are reverse headstocks harder to tune?  Seems like you'd have to reach up and under, and it would be hard to do mid set / while standing?

reverse headstocks are easier, ergonomically speaking . your fretboard hand is all ready in that position , while playing , so you don't have to reach over.

imo , it's ALOT better . in fact my next 2 builds will be reversed !

spauldingrules said:
Looking at that neck, I guess the question comes up: are reverse headstocks harder to tune?  Seems like you'd have to reach up and under, and it would be hard to do mid set / while standing?

You must be fast or Tonar can start dig it and you know what is going to happen, then...  :laughing7:
The man can't control himself with an 5A in his face  :help:

Back