Just arrived. I dub thee "the Fr00tcaster"

Locking tuners just make string changes so easy.  I won't just go putting them on my other floyded guitars for no reason, but in a case like this when I have no tuners at all I'll use lockers every time.

Also I would like to retract my comment about the Ernie Ball pot. It was my fault. The knob was the wrong size and I tried to force it on. Did it to another CTS as well (doh). The Ernie Balls are just rebranded CTS pots actually. Surprisingly I learned that all CTS pots are made in Taiwan. Always thought they were made in the USA. Guess I was wrong.

Very, very few electronic parts are made in the US. Far too expensive. Even cheapo big box store stereos, TVs, computers, etc. would cost many thousands of dollars.

yellowv said:
Locking tuners just make string changes so easy.  I won't just go putting them on my other floyded guitars for no reason, but in a case like this when I have no tuners at all I'll use lockers every time.

Yeah, I have locking tuners with a locking nut too on my DM strat - although in my case its because it actually saved
me money to use lockers. Needless to say, mine hasnt gone out of tune yet!  :icon_biggrin:

ORC

Back