Just arrived. I dub thee "the Fr00tcaster"

You lost me with pink knob and pup,

I didn't know they made yellow that loud, it must go up to eleven

R5  :headbang1:

The pink strap definitely is a must. I've got one my darn self.

Butch would be so proud of us...

Well I got all the rest of my parts today. So I finished up the neck, then installed the nut, tuners, string retainer and then bolted the body and neck together. Got her all lined up, installed the Floyd and strung it up. Still neddes to be wired and set up. But so far I think it kicks a ton of ass.

001-73.jpg

004-63.jpg

005-56.jpg

006-53.jpg

011-25.jpg

012-24.jpg

013-18.jpg

014-16.jpg

015-22.jpg

016-13.jpg

017-12.jpg

018-13.jpg

GearBoxTy said:
So, how about some details or did I miss that in another thread?

Well this obviously is an 80's inspired axe. Alder body, birdseye neck and board, Schaller Floyd, Sperzels, 20 somethin year old Duncan JBJ (for the authentic mojo), switchcraft jack and CTS pot yet to be installed.

Cool build.

There will be no mistaking who the guitar player is in the band looking in from the audience.  Those colors demand attention.

There's just something about this guitar that I really really really really like. :headbang:

Thanks guys  :headbang:
Well it is like 95% done. It's all assembled and set up. It's also wired, but for some reason instead of ordering a CTS pot I bought an Ernie Ball branded pot locally that looked like a CTS, but was Chinese crap. After I got the guitar all wired up the shaft broke when I tried to push the knob on. So as soon as I get my CTS in the mail I will resolder it and it will be done. Luckily it's a super easy wiring job. Also had to get rid of the pink strings. I had to shim the nut and didn't have another set. Oh well those were 9's anyway. I'll have to order a few sets in 10's. Plus I ordered purple tuner buttons from Sperzel and we will see how they match when they arrive. I have a set on my Jackson and they really look pretty pink. They were only $12 shipped so I don't mind spending $12 if they don't look good.

002-74.jpg

001-75.jpg

003-73.jpg

004-65.jpg

005-58.jpg

007-44.jpg

008-38.jpg

009-35.jpg

010-31.jpg

Locking tuners and a locking nut! If the color alone didn't do it :laughing7:, that'll sure teach those strings not to mess with you.

Hehe! I'm so used to seeing locking tuners, I didn't even notice the redundancy. Should make the little buggers easier to break, though. Got a good grip on both ends of a short length with little elasticity.

Back