Just another Tele....concept to constipation.....

Otay... picture of the color of things.
ashcolor.jpg

Now for the long, long, long, long wait.  Hope its sunny this weekend, thats all I gotta say.  That can take a week of the wait.

Man...loking GOOD, and not a gun in sight!  :laughing11:

Yum! Butterscotch with sweet grain!

That black binding and wavy side grain are soooo incredible too!

Nice work CB!~

Vic
Are you going to call to FBI, CIA, and all that stuff, again?  :laughing7:

-CB-:
Great work! (as always)

TY, if mother nature co-operates...maybe... maybe I can do something with it on Sunday. 

Saturday - I think I'll do up the electronics.  Sort of undecided here.  I could do it "exactly" like Vics, or do something more traditional, or do a sort of traditional/TFG hybrid.

Been thinking of just going with toggle in the LP location, Vol, Middle, Treble - but - I could always add the switching later, as it would be fairly self contained and I plan on using the terminal strip soldered across the pots anyway. That way I can have only one cable going from control cavity to toggle switch.  If I didn't use the terminal, I'd have to run the pickup wires into the upper chamber, then a wire down to Vol control... just seems easier to have to deal with one wire and the f/hole.  It was a breeze on the TFG.

More importantly, this guitar needs a name.

You should name it Marilyn, and the only reason that I am going to give to support this is that I went back to your post about the recipe for this one and then I found some info on "The Pink Pussycat Lounge" in Brooklyn NY.  Goodnight.....

... yes across the street and just a few buildings over from Milton Arfin Music.

Here ya go - a work in progress.  I need to wire it up, affix the P90, get the switch fished thru the hole...

IMG_0886.jpg

Many thanks to Vic for that GREAT CASE!~ wooot!~

And... yikes the colors are not the best there.  The neck is not pinkish, and that bridge pickup IS nickel, just lacks reflection.

I'll get another pic later... get better color.

Nice CB!~

I like the entire concept!

What's that, a 3 ply PG? Looks REAL cool!

Man! Style & function!~

-CB- said:
I like the bling of nickel!~

I am also a big fan of nickel, I dont think theres enough of it out there, nor enought to fit an entire guitar in nickel is there?

Does someone make good nickel tuners, seems like everything is chrome , gold or black, boring.......

Grover, Shaller and Gotoh, and Ping....  they all make nickel tuners.  Warmoth carries chrome, but StewMac and AllParts have nickel.

He CB, me again, asking about the neck ;)

so I am planning my next project and I think I will go for an unfinished Goncalo neck. now I am just trying to decide what to use for the fingerboard.
If I remember correctly, the Goncalo/Goncalo was a special order? was there a huge upcharge? also, do you think the only reason you can use it for a fingerboard is because you finished it? would it be suitable unfinished?
now you have completed this for a while how do you compare goncalo tonaly to maple?

Thanks! any other suggestions on Goncalo and on what to use for FB wood is welcome! :)

Warmoth loves putting ebony boards on goncalo. I plan on a neck like that eventually, for something..  :toothy10:

Back