Jungle Burst Finish

It's nice and artful. Just seems to be getting away from the 'natural' "high quality figured wood" concept. I assume you have employed an airbrush artist to do the shading with these bursts? Very cool as an art form! I just like natural wood enhanced by clear coats or subtle bursts. A guitar to me is like a fine piece of furniture, and beautiful figured woods are appropriate, but not necessarily the "wild" paint schemes.. Perhaps these new burst art forms are geared more towards young people that want more attention. Should pan out well for future sales but not my cup-o-tea..
BB in SC

I prefer simplicity when it comes to guitar though, too much stuff and it detracts from the look.

Well, to each his own.....and I dig that Jungle Burst Finish. On that body, it's makin' me wanna put down my guitar for a bass.

I know the Showcase always has a couple rare or one-off finishes, does anyone know if any of those paint jobs are going start to be offered as a regular finish?

I can see that working well on a Frankenstrat type thing. Gold fittings, pups fitted to the wood (no mounting rings), then either a H-x-x or H-x-S. Add a maple neck with a vintage tint and I think you're done. Not sure it would work so well on a flame top, but this looks cool and very much in the mould of this (which I look at far too often).

PS2209a.jpg

I vote "yes" for Jungle Burst--I like it.  But I'm one of those who likes Dragon Burst, too, and that seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it finish.

Strangely enough, I like it! for a bass or strat or tele, not a les paul, but a VIP or VW would be very cool with this!

Bill in SC said:
It's nice and artful. Just seems to be getting away from the 'natural' "high quality figured wood" concept. I assume you have employed an airbrush artist to do the shading with these bursts? Very cool as an art form! I just like natural wood enhanced by clear coats or subtle bursts. A guitar to me is like a fine piece of furniture, and beautiful figured woods are appropriate, but not necessarily the "wild" paint schemes.. Perhaps these new burst art forms are geared more towards young people that want more attention. Should pan out well for future sales but not my cup-o-tea..
BB in SC

hi, the 'shading' you see, is something from the wood itself, its not done by an airbrushartist or something. First, they rub on a colour, lets say black Then sand it of. Green is applied, its rubbed off. Then yellow (I presume) and this recipe will be repeated several times.

I'm not a painter, unfortunately. A friend of mine is, though, and this can be done quite simply, and its just done with colouring (perhaps powder-based colouring that is soluted in water?).

so, resumé: its not done by an airbrushartist, but just with colours.

I, being a wood finisher, see how that could be accomplished with the method you mentioned, Orpheo, but that seems like it would surely be labor intensive. The same look certainly could be pulled off by airbrushing with a much LESS labor intensive process. Maybe Gregg will elaborate, or then... it may be a big secret?
BB in SC

Bill in SC said:
I, being a wood finisher, see how that could be accomplished with the method you mentioned, Orpheo, but that seems like it would surely be labor intensive. The same look certainly could be pulled off by airbrushing with a much LESS labor intensive process. Maybe Gregg will elaborate, or then... it may be a big secret?
BB in SC

I disagree. It can be done the way I described, rather easily...

It's just that double dying method I believe.

I have to admit, I love to see new & different looking finishes because it's new ground. I like traditional things too like anyone, but there is something about uncharted terrritory that fuels me.

I like it a lot better than the dragon burst.  Still, not really my cup of tea, but cool none the less.

erik

Back