JUNE GUITAR/BASS of the MONTH ENTREES: Owner finished!

dmraco

Master Member
Looking for owner finished guitars and basses this month...I will throw mine in there....  I will close this for entrees June 7th.

ok, lets throw in my thinline....

July212008015.jpg

July212008011.jpg

July212008021.jpg

July212008029.jpg

July212008032.jpg

July212008035.jpg

big bob...thats not a WARMOTH..... :laughing8: :laughing8: :laughing8: just kidding.

Looks good...you get an A+ for effort and originality!

dmraco said:
big bob...thats not a WARMOTH..... :laughing8: :laughing8: :laughing8: just kidding.

Looks good...you get an A+ for effort and originality!

the neck is pure warmoth angled strat, with the execption of the scallop and nitro finish, which I did.

I have to nominate this one.  The finished product is fantastic considering the problems he ran into.

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=5916.0

01-Small-Front_of_Tele.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:
ok, lets throw in my thinline....

July212008015.jpg
Love that Thinline Markooooooooo, what type of finish did you do on it? :icon_thumright:

Hey Doug,
clear grain filler paste + many many coats of 100% pure Tung Oil + a couple of coats of Wax..
took me much longer than the Tru Oil finishes I usually do, and won't really get glossy. still turned out great. it's a heirloom finish, as CB called it. :)

Death by Uberschall said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
big bob said:
I nominate this one,

I think it's stubhead's
As much as that is cool, thats not warmoth, or even wood.
Or "finished!".  :icon_jokercolor:

if you don't think the finish on that sucker took time and patience you have gone totaly insane. no one said they had to be made of wood nor was it specified that it need be  finished with some type of coating/paint. and I bet the neck is warmoth, as is the pickguard, and I bet the neck is wood, and I bet if you look at it long enough you might just get wood.. I know it gives me wood when I look at it..  :cool01:

just trying to keep you guys honest..

big bob said:
Death by Uberschall said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
big bob said:
I nominate this one,

I think it's stubhead's
As much as that is cool, thats not warmoth, or even wood.
Or "finished!".  :icon_jokercolor:

if you don't think the finish on that sucker took time and patience you have gone totaly insane. no one said they had to be made of wood nor was it specified that it need be  finished with some type of coating/paint. and I bet the neck is warmoth, as is the pickguard, and I bet the neck is wood, and I bet if you look at it long enough you might just get wood.. I know it gives me wood when I look at it..  :cool01:

just trying to keep you guys honest..

If he truely made the body...I would say it qualifies.  I never specified could not be metal....or resin... :laughing7:

if it was a simple neck bolt on to a metal body...I would have to say no.

Back